The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

13 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

He’s bad. I really like the guy, but if he was, let’s say a 5th rounder, he wouldn’t touch a catcher’s mitt in MLB. 

A fifth rd left handed catcher with power and above average plate discipline advances to AAA, puts up a .950 ops while improving defensively and never gets to the majors? I don’t think that’s accurate

Edited by Vulture

31 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Here's to hoping he actually comes back healthy and isn't rushed. 

This is an easy one as it tears off and won't cause issues in the future.  He shouldn't have any set backs with this one.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

everything I've googled is coming back bananas

While plantains are tasty especially fried, it was autocorrect from plantaris. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Thanks, just wondering.  Sounds like a pretty minor tear as far as knee tears go.  About as good of news as we could have expected, guys.  I

Yep. Painful when it pops but an easy one to come back from

16 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

I’ve determined two things in the last 10 minutes that will dictate my religious futures. Either:

1.) god exists, but doesn’t care about us

2.) god doesn’t exist and nothing matters. 

3.) God exists and he is an Indians fan:) 

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

To be fair, this is now the third dude who couldn't get hurt, to get hurt.  But yes, just terrible if this is a loan term thing.  

No, Grandal is the most valuable player and the most irreplaceable player in the org by far. 

He's the only guy on the tea that you can count on to always consistently get on base. He's the only quality MLB catcher in the org, I'm talking about catching and receiving here only. There's no Andrew Vaughn, or Mendick, Garcia that can come up and adequately fill in. The drop off is tremendous.

5 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I’m ready to get pelted, but would Zavala on offense/defense really be better than Mercedes as a catcher?

I think it is pretty clear the Sox don't see Mercedes as a catcher at all. He can finish a game behind the plate when the backup gets hurt but that's about it, the Sox want no part of him catching. 

10 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I’m ready to get pelted, but would Zavala on offense/defense really be better than Mercedes as a catcher?

I would suspect most will say he can't call a game ,cant block pitches and cant frame so there's that.Pretty much the same stuff we hear about Collins. Yet he plays.

If Zavala can do all those things then is Collins only here for his hitting and being LH ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside