The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Let me tell you what we use rubber gloves for........

Seriously, look up internal coccygeal manipulation. Not one of the more fun parts of the job.

Why oh why did I do that?

1f26e838-3317-4ca0-b8ed-23a3af996ba3

Edited by hi8is

Ptatc: Person who is recognized authority and accurately prescribes possible lengths and outcomes of injuries on the day that they occur on a regular basis.

Vulture: guy who posts pictures, YouTube videos and had a physical therapist.

Sorry Vulture, but ptact long record of accurate information completely outshadows your attempts to criticize his knowledge. 

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

I asked is it located where he puts his thumb. Of course it is not, which is probably when you didn’t answer, no? At the location he placed the thumb it is not possible.

popliteus.jpg

clearly that is not the location he is pointing nor to which i am referring. Why you are pretending otherwise I don’t know 

Again trying to give you the benefit of the doubt for something you can palpate.

The tendon to the right is easily palpable and in the lateral knee area that might make you think it was the plantaris.  It is the rope like structure laterally. Could be the gastroc as it is the most superficial of all of them.

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I recently went to a PT for my back and also stayed at a Holiday Inn. I officially know more about physical therapy than ptatc. Please direct your questions my way. 

Facts are facts and incorrect statements are incorrect, man, doesn’t matter if it was Albert Einstein still wouldn’t make a muscle located below the joint magically be located above it, nor would it make the fact the plantaris contracts the plantaris tendon during toe gripping untrue

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Ptatc: Person who is recognized authority and accurately prescribes possible lengths and outcomes of injuries on the day that they occur on a regular basis.

Sorry Vulture, but ptact long record of accurate information completely outshadows your attempts to criticize his knowledge. 

Just keep letting him wade in his delusion - it’s fun to watch things burn.  

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Facts are facts and incorrect statements are incorrect, man, doesn’t matter if it was Albert Einstein still wouldn’t make a muscle located below the joint magically be located above it, nor would it make the fact the plantaris contracts the plantaris tendon during toe gripping untrue

I've been seeing a PT for a bit and I've also watched most of Jeff Cavaliere's YouTube videos (Athlean X). The guy is an absolute wizz when it comes to this kind of stuff. Ive become an expert from all the videos. Incredibly informative. I recommend watch his videos. I probably know more than you do about this field. You're wrong, man. 

Edited by ron883

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I'm not proud of it.

Makes me recall these wonderful lyrics:

“Elbow deep inside the borderline, show me that you love me and that we belong together, relax, turn around and take my hand.”

Just now, ptatc said:

Again trying to give you the benefit of the doubt for something you can palpate.

The tendon to the right is easily palpable and in the lateral knee area that might make you think it was the plantaris.  It is the rope like structure laterally. Could be the gastroc as it is the most superficial of all of them.

The reason I posted that image was to disprove your false claim the pop. muscle is located above the joint. so now your claim is you made that false claim to give me the benefit of the doubt. Jesus man that is ludicrous. I just won’t respond to your posts anymore 

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

I just won’t respond to your posts anymore 

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🎊🎊🎊🎊🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾🍾🍾🍾🎊🎊🎊🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🎈🎈🎈🎈🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🎈🎈🎈🎈🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hi8is said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🎊🎊🎊🎊🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🍾🍾🍾🍾🎊🎊🎊🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🕺🕺🕺🕺🕺🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🎈🎈🎈🎈🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🎈🎈🎈🎈🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉

Yes let’s celebrate the abandonment of reason and just go along with the perceived authority statements even when they’re statements clearly demonstrated to be false. The hallmark of critical thinking

Just now, Vulture said:

The plantaris will not contract with toe gripping. Has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The whole part about going up on the toes refers to the act of plantar flexing to ankle to attain the position not  a function of toe motion. It is not the same thing. One is passive toe extension to get to the position. The other is actively curling or flexing the toes. The are diametrically opposed actions. Different set if muscle and actions.

This is totally different from the fact that the muscle is so deep you can't feel it.

If you look at your pictures. The plantaris is a muscle not a tendon above the knee. If you are feeling a rope tendon you can't possibly be feeling the muscle as it's not a tendon there.

As I said before I'm done trying to help.you understand how the body works and can become.injired and heal.

If you are more comfortable finding out your way. That's fine. I defer to your research and we'll just disagree on how the body works. No one knows everything and it's all open to interpretation. You have yours and I have mine.

14 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Why not just post derp, guy posted pictures to illustrate actual facts. How about thinking for yourself for once

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Yes let’s celebrate the abandonment of reason and just go along with the perceived authority statements even when they’re statements clearly demonstrated to be false. The hallmark of critical thinking

Ok.

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🥳🥳🥳🥳🎈🎈🎈🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈😆😆😆😆😆🎉🎉🎉🎈🎈🎈🥳🥳🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

Perceived authority.  I'm moving up in the world.

Why not just post derp, guy posted pictures to illustrate actual facts. How about thinking for yourself for once

Pictures or drawings that are someone's interpretation? Look for 

MRU and CT scans. Even those aren't really accurate. 

That's why they have Physical examination test to confirm diagnoses.

@ptatc, are you a believer in standing desks for back health? I've had lower back issues as you know and I finally pulled the trigger. Between working and gaming, I can be sitting for 10+ hours a day. Figure I'd rotate between standing and sitting. 

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@ptatc, are you a believer in standing desks for back health? I've had lower back issues as you know and I finally pulled the trigger. Between working and gaming, I can be sitting for 10+ hours a day. Figure I'd rotate between standing and sitting. 

Not a doctor ( obviously ) but I love my standing desk. Pro tip: get a padded kitchen mat for $15 at a place like Target and you’re good to go.

3 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Another thing to realize is that there are very few medical facts. We can't see in someone's body unless we open it up which patients really aren't up for until the problem.gets so bad they need surgery. Anatomy varies from person to person tendons are I'm different places, they have weird sits in them, sometimes nerves go through them. Bones are formed different. Sometimes people have extra or too few vertebrae.

It mostly educated guesses. I'm giving my best guesses based in available information which is filtered through the team and media, and my experience working with athletes for over 30 years if you don't want to agree fine. I could be totally wrong But a few interpretive pictures and a internet search for a couple of hours is not going to sway me to your side.

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Not a doctor ( obviously ) but I love my standing desk. Pro tip: get a padded kitchen mat for $15 at a place like Target and you’re good to go.

Definitely, I heard the mat is a must for your feet. I'll be getting one as well. 

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Pictures or drawings that are someone's interpretation? Look for 

MRU and CT scans. Even those aren't really accurate. 

That's why they have Physical examination test to confirm diagnoses.

So a thousand different interpretations all locate it below the knee. Find something that supports that it is above the knee then. What a bunch of nonsense . You guys go ahead and take whatever this guy as gospel when in this thread alone there numerous false claims. Ludicrous