The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@ptatc, are you a believer in standing desks for back health? I've had lower back issues as you know and I finally pulled the trigger. Between working and gaming, I can be sitting for 10+ hours a day. Figure I'd rotate between standing and sitting. 

They are really good provided you are standing with good posture. 

Research shows that standing is better than sitting for engaging the muscles in the abdomen and spine to support the trunk. 

But if you stand But still slouch all you do is wear yourself out.

21 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Makes me recall these wonderful lyrics:

“Elbow deep inside the borderline, show me that you love me and that we belong together, relax, turn around and take my hand.”

😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

So a thousand different interpretations all locate it below the knee. Find something that supports that it is above the knee then. What a bunch of nonsense . You guys go ahead and take whatever this guy as gospel when in this thread alone there numerous false claims. Ludicrous

Or we could just add you to the hall of fame list again and simply have our entertainment slightly downgraded.

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

So a thousand different interpretations all locate it below the knee. Find something that supports that it is above the knee then. What a bunch of nonsense . You guys go ahead and take whatever this guy as gospel when in this thread alone there numerous false claims. Ludicrous

Nowhere did I say this was this issue. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was what you were feeling. I can't see where you are pointing while posting. 

You really are way off track here.

Just now, ptatc said:

They are really good provided you are standing with good posture. 

Research shows that standing is better than sitting for engaging the muscles in the abdomen and spine to support the trunk. 

But if you stand But still slouch all you do is wear yourself out.

Perfect, thanks. I have good posture as far as I know. Not a sloucher. 

Just now, ron883 said:

Perfect, thanks. I have good posture as far as I know. Not a sloucher. 

After you stand for a good portion of the day, many people do. Even if you are in good shape, standing all days at a desk will wear the muscles out.

You need to be aware of the posture after 4 hours of standing. 

If possible I have patients keep a full length mirror nearby to check posture especially towards the end of the day.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Another thing to realize is that there are very few medical facts. We can't see in someone's body unless we open it up which patients really aren't up for until the problem.gets so bad they need surgery. Anatomy varies from person to person tendons are I'm different places, they have weird sits in them, sometimes nerves go through them. Bones are formed different. Sometimes people have extra or too few vertebrae.

It mostly educated guesses. I'm giving my best guesses based in available information which is filtered through the team and media, and my experience working with athletes for over 30 years if you don't want to agree fine. I could be totally wrong But a few interpretive pictures and a internet search for a couple of hours is not going to sway me to your side.

No facts? You mean like how it’s not a fact there is a plantaris tendon. How can there now be no plantaris tendon when a couple pages ago you were telling me to which bone it is attached? One of these statements MUST be false. There is no other option. you want me to consider there are no facts when you have just been telling me it’s a fact that the plantaris muscle can’t be palpated. If that’s not a factual statement what is it. Let’s a factual statement that isn’t a fact. Let’s see where have i seen this definition before. Oh yeah under bullshit

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

“This my hurt a little but it’s something you’ll get used to…”

Believe it or not, that technique really helps and because if the pain relief they dont.mind it.

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Nowhere did I say this was this issue. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that it was what you were feeling. I can't see where you are pointing while posting. 

You really are way off track here.

That’s why I described it repeatedly and provided illustrations

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

No facts? You mean like how it’s not a fact there is a plantaris tendon. How can there now be no plantaris tendon when a couple pages ago you were telling me to which bone it is attached? One of these statements MUST be false. There is no other option. you want me to consider there are no facts when you have just been telling me it’s a fact that the plantaris muscle can’t be palpated. If that’s not a factual statement what is it. Let’s a factual statement that isn’t a fact. Let’s see where have i seen this definition before. Oh yeah under bullshit

What are you talking about. I never said there was no tendon. I said it's so far deep to other muscle you can't palpate it.

Believe it or not, that technique really helps and because if the pain relief they dont.mind it.

“It’s not enough, I need more, nothing seems to satisfy…”

Just now, Vulture said:

That’s why I described it repeatedly and provided illustrations

That still doesn't tell me what you think you are palapating just because something is in an area doesn't mean you are palpating it. As I said before it is under so many other tissues you can't pick it out from everything around it. Look up the gastroc. You can't pick out the plantaris as it is so small and under it.

What are you talking about. I never said there was no tendon. I said it's so far deep to other muscle you can't palpate it.

you said “it’s a muscle not a tendon above the knee” which I found odd because I never claimed it was a tendon above the knee

Just now, Vulture said:

you said “it’s a muscle not a tendon above the knee” which I found odd because I never claimed it was a tendon above the knee

Nevermind. There has been so many derailment during the discussion I can't remember what I posted anymore.

Go with your ideas. You found it. It's an important muscle to control toe motion from the knee.

Write a dissertation on it and you'll get a PhD.

• Haha 1

Just now, ptatc said:

That still doesn't tell me what you think you are palapating just because something is in an area doesn't mean you are palpating it. As I said before it is under so many other tissues you can't pick it out from everything around it. Look up the gastroc. You can't pick out the plantaris as it is so small and under it.

And like I told you and as the video I posted illustrates it emerges above the knee joint and is in fact palpable. The way you can pick it out is by curling and uncurling the toes. When curling the toes the other muscles are flaccid so you can easily tell the difference. Hope this helps. Have a good night

20 minutes ago, ptatc said:

After you stand for a good portion of the day, many people do. Even if you are in good shape, standing all days at a desk will wear the muscles out.

You need to be aware of the posture after 4 hours of standing. 

If possible I have patients keep a full length mirror nearby to check posture especially towards the end of the day.

I'm planning on starting slow honestly. Stand for a half hour, sit for an hour. My plan is to slowly increase how long I stand. I'll try to be conscious of my posture. 

39 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If you truly think that then don't pursue it. Again my attempts at helping people are rebuffed. I should know better.

How are unfactual statements supposed to be helpful? I’ve already been educated on the subject so if you tell me something false such as the poptileus muscle might be above the knee joint I’m not just going to dumbly agree. Then when you suggest I might be confusing that for the plantaris muscle when curling toes, when I already know the poptileus muscle doesn’t have anything to do with foot movement, let alone the toes, after you just told me that which I know does in fact doesn’t, it makes me suspect you’re either pulling my leg or don’t know as much as your letting on and expect me to bend over to your nonsense none the less for some bizarre reason. Particularly when I can verify it with third party info. That isn’t how critical thinking works. 

I mean think about it. I go to therapy for plantar fasciitis. Part of my therapy involves a therapist palpating the plantaris and here you are telling me it can’t be done and I must be confusing it with something else. Now why would my therapist work on something that has nothing to do with it. Just not logical. Plantaris literally means related to the sole of the foot

Edited by Vulture

12 minutes ago, Vulture said:

How are unfactual statements supposed to be helpful? I’ve already been educated on the subject so if you tell me something false such as the poptileus muscle might be above the knee joint I’m not just going to dumbly agree. Then when you suggest I might be confusing that for the plantaris muscle when curling toes, when I already know the poptileus muscle doesn’t have anything to do with foot movement, let alone the toes, after you just told me that which I know does in fact doesn’t, it makes me suspect you’re either pulling my leg or don’t know as much as your letting on and expect me to bend over to your nonsense none the less for some bizarre reason. Particularly when I can verify it with third party info. That isn’t how critical thinking works. 

You can't verify it with third party info. Look up the function of the plantaris. Not the anatomical definition as that isn't what it does during activity. If you look up what the muscle does during activity,  you'll see definitions like inconsequential,  undetermined, unnecessary. 

The anatomic action and the function during movement are to vastly different concepts.