The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

Unfortunately Collins has looked like a back-up catcher who has trouble framing and stopping balls behind the plate.

Well, if Grandal is injured seriously it may be  time to trade for a decent catcher.

I hate to say we told you so but....there were a few of us here who were literally begging the Sox to re-sign James McCann late last season and into the off-season in case Grandal got injured.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tray said:

Unfortunately Collins has looked like a back-up catcher who has trouble framing and stopping balls behind the plate.

Well, if Grandal is injured seriously it may be  time to trade for a decent catcher.

I hate to say we told you so but....there were a few of us here who were literally begging the Sox to re-sign James McCann late last season and into the off-season in case Grandal got injured.

McCann wasn't staying to be a backup. 

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Hahn has his work cut out for him, that’s for sure.

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Hahn has his work cut out for him, that’s for sure.

The walking wounded are so great that at this point it's probably best to stand pat and hope they can win the division with what they have. 

Get Jimenez and Robert healthy and hope for the best. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tray said:

Unless you saying that you were benching Grandal?

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The walking wounded are so great that at this point it's probably best to stand pat and hope they can win the division with what they have. 

Get Jimenez and Robert healthy and hope for the best. 

They have to do something man. They can’t just stand pat. What happens if Eloy and Robert come back and they get re-injured again and we didn’t do anything. Their season would be out the window.

Edited by maloney.adam

Just now, maloney.adam said:

They have to do something man. They can’t just stand pat. What happens if Eloy and Robert come back and they get re-injured again and we didn’t do anything.

Is it worth trading the future for this cursed season? 

I don't think so. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sounds like a lengthy absence.  Another success story for the training staff.

Seriously. I don’t care if injuries are up across the league, whoever is in charge of keeping these guys healthy needs to be shown the door. It’s getting ridiculous now. The re-injury of Engel and now Grandal after being deemed “healthy” is so incredibly bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

No not really but if they want to make some noise in the playoffs or get to the World Series they have to just go for it.

I believe they can make the playoffs even if they do nothing. I do not believe they will advance, and I will be surprised if they win more than one game. 

There's pretty much nothing that can be done to get them competitive in the AL playoffs until the offseason. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I believe they can make the playoffs even if they do nothing. I do not believe they will advance, and I will be surprised if they win more than one game. 

Yes but there are going to be quite a few sellers at the deadline. You got to take advantage of that.

Edited by maloney.adam

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's pretty much nothing that can be done to get them competitive in the AL playoffs until the offseason. 

Huh? Where did you hear this?

Edited by maloney.adam

6 minutes ago, tray said:

Yadier Molina would appear to make some sense. What do you think Cali ?

1st of all have to wait on the Grandal report . All Star game is in a week so if you IL Grandal for 10 days maybe he only misses 5 or 6 games and won't have to do anything. If it's serious then the Sox are in some dire straits.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Huh? Where did you hear this?

It is my opinion, sir. 

I do not believe any realistic additions will do them any good once they get to the ALDS. They will get smoked anyway. 

Cease and Keuchel might not be any good, and Giolito needs an offseason to get used to not using pine tar. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Check swing. Front foot down. Front foot up immediately while hobbling out of the box pogo stick style.

Down to the ground rolling in pain.

Up on one foot. Two trainers help him off.

Sits in the dugout for a minute and then walks to the clubhouse delicately while supporting himself with his hands.

10-day IL him through All-Star break.

• Heads22 changed the title to Grandal tears tendon in left knee (out 4-6 weeks), Zavala called up