GT 7/6: SOX @ MIN, 7:10

• Quin pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Highly unlikely this game is played today.  80%+ chance of rain tonight in Minneapolis.

Hope it holds off so I can grab some cheap seats last minute, but doubtful.  

I'm guessing they'd reschedule the game for August 9-11 if it's rained out. Right before our stretch of death in August against the Yankees, A's, Rays, and Jays. 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'm guessing they'd reschedule the game for August 9-11 if it's rained out. Right before our stretch of death in August against the Yankees, A's, Rays, and Jays. 

I think they’ll do two tomorrow if it gets called. Why risk it in August when it’s the last time there, and they probably don’t want to play late on Aug 11th when the Sox have to go to Iowa after the game.

Edited by flavum

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Maybe the blob of rain moves out before game time. We’ll see. I’m more optimistic they’ll play now.

My weather app still says 80-90% chance of rain from the 7-9pm window.  Looks slightly better for the next 5 or so hours than it did last night, but I still think its going to be tough to get this one in.  That said, I am no meteorologist! 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Highly unlikely this game is played today.  80%+ chance of rain tonight in Minneapolis.

Hope it holds off so I can grab some cheap seats last minute, but doubtful.  

I do miss the Sox selling $3 tickets per game at the building I worked at for select weekday April, May and September games in 2019, and you could sit wherever you liked with the upper bowl closed for all of the games.

Cost more to go to one Sox spring training game last year than eight 2019 regular season games. Tickets just under $20 are the best available this year on Stubhub, stuck in the upper bowl. Can't even buy scalped tickets outside after the game started since tickets are now all electronic. Meh.

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The injuries have completely sapped my interest in this team.  Maybe join up with the daily conversation in August.  Go Sox.

Injuries suck no doubt and we are far from seeing the team at it's best. But while still in first how could you not love this team and want to watch ? You had Mercedes in April. You have Vaughn making adjustments, you have Sheets and Burger coming up and hitting well right away. The whole Burger story is just amazing. You get stories about how Burger and Sheets were roomies n the minors and going through the Sox initiation by having to sing.

You got Billy Hamilton a fan favorite. You got the Big Bastard Lynn, you got Rodon's out of the blue success. There's hardly been any player who hasn't contributed to keeping this team in 1st place with Lamb , Leury Goodwin and Collins all having significant games . Hendricks is about as good as we could have hoped for.

Sure there's that guy in me who says it could come crashing down at any moment . But it's like a very slow roller coaster , where you have all this time to think. Don't think ,just relax and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Injuries suck no doubt and we are far from seeing the team at it's best. But while still in first how could you not love this team and want to watch ? You had Mercedes in April. You have Vaughn making adjustments, you have Sheets and Burger coming up and hitting well right away. The whole Burger story is just amazing. You get stories about how Burger and Sheets were roomies n the minors and going through the Sox initiation by having to sing.

You got Billy Hamilton a fan favorite. You got the Big Bastard Lynn, you got Rodon's out of the blue success. There's hardly been any player who hasn't contributed to keeping this team in 1st place with Lamb , Leury Goodwin and Collins all having significant games . Hendricks is about as good as we could have hoped for.

Sure there's that guy in me who says it could come crashing down at any moment . But it's like a very slow roller coaster , where you have all this time to think. Don't think ,just relax and enjoy the ride.

Sure, but tide goes in, tide goes out.  right now tide is out for me.  still on the ride but not all that focused on it. that's the beauty of the baseball season as the backdrop to summer.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

The season is extraordinarily long and it's really hard to watch bad baseball, they've been playing mediocre baseball for awhile now. It's exhausting to live and die with every out of a baseball season, sometimes you just need to take a step back, nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I do miss the Sox selling $3 tickets per game at the building I worked at for select weekday April, May and September games in 2019, and you could sit wherever you liked with the upper bowl closed for all of the games.

Cost more to go to one Sox spring training game last year than eight 2019 regular season games. Tickets just under $20 are the best available this year on Stubhub, stuck in the upper bowl. Can't even buy scalped tickets outside after the game started since tickets are now all electronic. Meh.

I don't particularly missed the days when the team sucked, because that is why cheap tickets happened.

Dbacks used to have a one dollar ticket section, including when they won the World Series after a couple playoff appearances. I don’t think it was due to lack of sales but rather the idea everyone in the community should have access. At least that’s how it was presented. Don’t think JR is quite that progressive though.

Edited by Vulture

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't particularly missed the days when the team sucked, because that is why cheap tickets happened.

Yes, I've always enjoyed a day at the park (Comiskey especially, but elsewhere as well). Win or lose, whether the team is contending or not.

Not sure fans expected the Cleveland @ Tampa game to be the first game to be postponed today. They plan on a DH tomorrow, the fourth in Tampa's history, as the hurricane that is approaching today should be non threatening tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

The season is extraordinarily long and it's really hard to watch bad baseball, they've been playing mediocre baseball for awhile now. It's exhausting to live and die with every out of a baseball season, sometimes you just need to take a step back, nothing wrong with that.

I've had a lot of stepping back moments but they are usually in terrible years when there is no hope for making the playoffs (Most of the time) and many times when the Sox come far down the list of life's priorities.

37 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

I enjoyed watching Tampa last night 

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The injuries have completely sapped my interest in this team.  Maybe join up with the daily conversation in August.  Go Sox.

Kind of sums up my feelings too, every time I watch I always think Well who's going on the list today?