GT 7/6: SOX @ MIN, 7:10

7 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

I’m not arguing the circumstances, just stating the facts. 

Pretty sure “the lineup is embarrassing” would be considered a statement of opinion. Under the circumstances I wouldn’t consider it embarrassing. At least we have guys like Sheets, Burger and Collins to fill in.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Early in the season you still had , Abreu, Grandal Moncada Robert being counted on for power and Mercedes was raking. Now it's down to just Abreu and Vaughn.

If you’re counting Burger as an MLB power threat then you ought to throw Sheets in there too

30 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Since this lineup is so ugly ... we are sure to win.  However, as long as Burger and Sheets are on the team I want them in the lineup.  At the very least we could be showcasing them if possible.

25 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I feel like the shittier the lineup, the better the results have been this year. But eventually, TLR is gonna run out of blind luck. 

Who knows? We could be up 8-1 in the 9th and they won't even bring in Hendricks.

Engel returns tomorrow and he will start, so I’m grateful on that front.

Hope he can play more than once every other day the last time he was deemed “healthy”, they can really use his defense near everyday in Center Field.

Having to post this from the library, charging my phone since the third world Com Ed has failed my neighborhood with another non weather related neighborhood outage for the third time in three weeks. Missed the end of Spain vs. Italy as a result.

I have every faith that the problems we are discussing are being worked on as we speak.  The AS game is an opportunity for GM's to meet face to face and get something done.  Half the teams in baseball have given up and are looking to make deals if for no other reason than to dump payroll.  The next few weeks will bring some interesting players to the WS.  I just hope we don't give up all of this 6 game lead before reinforcements arrive.

14 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I feel like this is the type of lineup gets a loss 4 out 5 games, but puts up 9+ runs in that fifth game somehow. 

We have all seen lineups like this for half our lives.  You would think it would look OK for some of us.🙂

Throw me in the grouping that is scratching their head as to why Burger can't break into this lineup.  If you're going full scortched earth (not by choice - obviously - but still), may as well just throw Burger at 2B and Leury in CF.  Goodwin is awful at CF and may have cost us the game yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Throw me in the grouping that is scratching their head as to why Burger can't break into this lineup.  If you're going full scortched earth (not by choice - obviously - but still), may as well just throw Burger at 2B and Leury in CF.  Goodwin is awful at CF and may have cost us the game yesterday. 

TLR has been pretty consistent with the handling of rookies. He’s going to do what he thinks is best for their development and transition into mlb rather than the immediate game need. We’ve still got a five game lead and almost 80 games to go. No reason to panic and abandon whatever the plan for the rookies is just yet when there is reinforcements of one form or another on the way

Lets just go win this fucking game and then come back tomorrow with Lynn.

Take two of three from the O's and head into the all star break...

Then start to get some of our guys back the 2nd half of the season.

The season is not lost....

Lets start tonight 

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Lets just go win this fucking game and then come back tomorrow with Lynn.

Take two of three from the O's and head into the all star break...

Then start to get some of our guys back the 2nd half of the season.

The season is not lost....

Lets start tonight 

Yes, that is the solution for the short term.  That plan will not cut it however for the next two months.  We need serviceable upgrades at 2nd, outfield, catcher, and relief pitcher.