Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Parkman

Lynn extension possible?????

Recommended Posts

Looks like there's definitely interest from Lynn. I wonder if the feeling is mutual? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if he keeps falling off post sticky stuff, I am not sure I am interested anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Well, if he keeps falling off post sticky stuff, I am not sure I am interested anymore.

I think there will be an adjustment period for guys who were on it. Lynn has been missing location quite a bit arm-side. That's probably fixable, but his pinpoint location he had with the sticky stuff might not be there anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Lance Lynn would be interested in having a team pay him a large sum of money over the next several years and would find this acceptable to him. Time to write the article."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NO ONE is going to have pin point control anymore. Look at Gio and especially Cole. Cole may be a 4.5 Era guy the rest of his contract.

IMO you HAVE to extend Lynn 2 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lynn feels at home here, great.  Nothing in the article suggests that an extension is likely, or is even being discussed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Lynn feels at home here, great.  Nothing in the article suggests that an extension is likely, or is even being discussed.  

He is correct that he is a "Southside" kind of guy IMO.  Fans do relate to that show of emotion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh just sign the big bastard, Rick.

Edited by wegner
Used wrong large terminology
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wegner said:

Oh just sign the big bastard, Rick.

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a horse and we sure could use him in the top half of the rotation these next 3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 102605 said:

He is a horse and we sure could use him in the top half of the rotation these next 3 years.

El Cabello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, zisk said:

El Cabello

El Caballo is yet another example of a better defensive Left Fielder than Eloy Jimenez.

I would like to see the White Sox 2022 and beyond budget, and contract terms before making any statement regarding any Lynn extension.

The Sox have already committed over half of this and next years (if $130M) payroll looked up to players in their 30s declining in production and or health.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance currently at $9.3 MM per.  I wonder what it will take to sign him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Lance currently at $9.3 MM per.  I wonder what it will take to sign him...

A pen

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Lance currently at $9.3 MM per.  I wonder what it will take to sign him...

$20M to $25M per for two to three seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Lance currently at $9.3 MM per.  I wonder what it will take to sign him...

A combination of 9.3M of Al's Italian Beef sandwiches, Portillo's hot dogs, Manny's corned beef sandwiches, and steaks from assorted restaurants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said he prioritizes winning at this stage.  big check  Think he gets along with Tony.   check  Likes atmosphere . check  Has played in Min and NY without big success check.  Had issues with STL upper management as he was outspoken.  check  Has made 65 million.  Like most free agents will probably want/go with biggest pay check.........

That said two years, 50mill with a team option at 25, player option 10 or option year based on innings/starts.  He should be like Keuchel and move down a spot in the rotation each year such as #2 next year , #3 2022, #4 2023 or 3,4,5.  Gio probably tests free agency, Keuchel declining performance.  You may want the horse for innings.  Maybe he is another Bartolo and can keep going at his age and conditioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

He said he prioritizes winning at this stage.  big check  Think he gets along with Tony.   check  Likes atmosphere . check  Has played in Min and NY without big success check.  Had issues with STL upper management as he was outspoken.  check  Has made 65 million.  Like most free agents will probably want/go with biggest pay check.........

That said two years, 50mill with a team option at 25, player option 10 or option year based on innings/starts.  He should be like Keuchel and move down a spot in the rotation each year such as #2 next year , #3 2022, #4 2023 or 3,4,5.  Gio probably tests free agency, Keuchel declining performance.  You may want the horse for innings.  Maybe he is another Bartolo and can keep going at his age and conditioning.

3/75 seems steep. I think 2/45 with a 18 million 3rd year option gets it done. He is comfortable and getting up there in years (post steroid era), he should take that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

¿The Hair?

Sorry, my spelling is horrocious!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well I am looking at keeping guys that can still pitch in the normal spin rate era. Rodon and Lynn yes. Probably Kopech.Not so sure about Gio. Don’t really  know about Cease either, but he’s cheap atm on the back burner. Thats the way to build a staff right now. If anyone is a suspect under pressure it is Gio.

Edited by Chick Mercedes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely sign up for the next 2 to 3 years. Don't forget Hahn gave up a strong pitching prospect in Dunning to get Lynn. It would be bad if we lost Lynn to another team as a FA, when the fact is, who do you have in our system to replace him? You would have to go trade for a pitcher if you lost Lynn and that of course, would take giving up talent and prospects. You already gave up prospects to get Lynn....now it's only money Hahn has to give up to keep him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×