Engel back, Eaton DFA

Heads22

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Wow! thanks for 1 great month and nothing else you grindy bum. This team isn't messing around. A RF deal HAS to be coming,. 

Without question...they are going to make the effort to win this thing.  The money invested would have prevented this in prior years.

Good for the Sox. It's not like them to admit mistakes and cut bait on money like that. Eaton just seemed done. I was actually pro that signing this offseason, thought he filled a need pretty well. It became pretty apparent quickly that he was on the downside of his career. Sure some team like the Pirates or whoever may try and pick him up on league min. after he passes. 

Just now, Nokona said:

Thanks for nothing

Nothing is a tad aggressive.  He did give us Gio, and Lynn.  As for his 2021, that's a fair assessment.  

I am not Eaton guy at this point, but with how thin we are in the OF right now and will continue to be for some time, I am surprised at the move.  Could have just optioned Burger who doesn't appear to have a role on this team (as per how TLR is using him - not that I necessarily agree with it) except as a weak side platoon DH and pinch hitter.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Nothing is a tad aggressive.  He did give us Gio, and Lynn.  As for his 2021, that's a fair assessment.  

I am not Eaton guy at this point, but with how thin we are in the OF right now and will continue to be for some time, I am surprised at the move.  Could have just optioned Burger who doesn't appear to have a role on this team (as per how TLR is using him - not that I necessarily agree with it) except as a weak side platoon DH and pinch hitter.  

I actually agree with this. Unless Engel can play everyday, I actually don't like this move. We're once again thin in the OF. I hope this means a deal for an OF will happen soon. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This opens a 40 man spot right?  Engel was just on 10-day, so it should.  

insert eye emoji's. didnt think of that angle. give me a second basemen and i'll be extremely happy. I don't even care if we mortgage a prospect - i want frazier or story. 

eloy back at DH in 3 weeks or so. vaughn in LF, engel in RF, robert in CF by mid-august. Grandal back by late August.

By September 1 (hopefully)

Anderson

Story

Abreu

Grandal

Moncada

Eloy

Vaughn

Robert

Engel

Shoot i dont even know how to make that lineup. Didnt think about R/L at all ... but even outside of that... who goes where?? haha. feed me an aggressive trade!

Goodwin is the better player of the 2, right now. It just seems like he isn't, because he's playing way more than he should. With Engel back (hopefully healthy this time) to play CF, and AV in left, Sheets in RF? Goodwin becomes the platoon somewhere, and BHam playing late?

• Like 1