Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Heads22

Engel back, Eaton DFA

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Tony is exactly why I am shocked Eaton got let go.  Those two were made for each other.

I almost wonder if Rick saw Eaton batting leadoff yesterday and said nope fuck this, we ain't doing that anymore.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look for Eaton to get back on whatever he quit taking the last few years, have strong remainder of the season and make another few million in 2022.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Surprised - he can play when his legs are under him but clearly his lower body is an issue. Too bad cause he had a real nice first month of the season. I still think they played him too much too early but obviously injuries forced their hand. 
 

Sox aren’t messing around - of course Joc sure would have been nice. 

Joc has been pretty terrible as well. 94 wRC+; 0.2 fWAr.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

You gotta be available to be valuable and his body's about done. I just can't imagine with Engel dealing with injuries and the high probability that Goodwin turns into a pumpkin sometime soon I think they're going to get someone, admitting to this mistake was the first step.

The FO made a reasonable decision to acquire Eaton and a reasonable decision to cut him loose IMO.  Seems to me they are being proactive far more than in prior years.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Joc has been pretty terrible as well. 94 wRC+; 0.2 fWAr.  

I am not saying joc is perfect - but he would have been better. He also put .840 and 780 or so ops in May and June so yes he sucked in April but he is going to be productive all season long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHA Eaton is a clown and his teammates hate him

 

  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soxfan49 said:

HAHAHA Eaton is a clown and his teammates hate him

 

lmao Goodwin is definitely happy he'll have a job for at least one more month. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am not saying joc is perfect - but he would have been better. He also put .840 and 780 or so ops in May and June so yes he sucked in April but he is going to be productive all season long. 

Looks like the right FA OFer to sign was Schwarber. I doubt the Sox were even all that interested. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This move says Hahn is the GM after all, guaranteed this move was made over TLR objection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

HAHAHA Eaton is a clown and his teammates hate him

 

I don’t think this has anything to do with that. Not sure Goodwin should be tweeting this - but he is clearly excited that he is staying on the roster (for now). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

HAHAHA Eaton is a clown and his teammates hate him

 

This seems inappropriate, no??? Or am I missing something?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

This seems inappropriate, no??? Or am I missing something?

Maybe Eaton didn't allow any partying in the clubhouse. He's a grumpy old man after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

This seems inappropriate, no??? Or am I missing something?

 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with that. Not sure Goodwin should be tweeting this - but he is clearly excited that he is staying on the roster (for now). 

 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

lmao Goodwin is definitely happy he'll have a job for at least one more month. 

It's definitely appropriate. Eaton is an asshole and even his teammates know it.

Of course it's in reference to Eaton being DFA'd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are lyrics from the song Wasted from Plies according to my google search. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am not saying joc is perfect - but he would have been better. He also put .840 and 780 or so ops in May and June so yes he sucked in April but he is going to be productive all season long. 

Eating salary only matters if they replace him with a high salary.  He is DFA'd if someone picks him up they do not pay the salary.  If they release him and he is replaced by Engel then there is nothing really gained other than Goodwin's salary which is nothing.

Releasing him and taking on a decent sized contract shows a change in philosophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a good win, the White Sox march on hoping to party party party tonight upon securing a series win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Eating salary only matters if they replace him with a high salary.  He is DFA'd if someone picks him up they do not pay the salary.  If they release him and he is replaced by Engel then there is nothing really gained other than Goodwin's salary which is nothing.

Releasing him and taking on a decent sized contract shows a change in philosophy.

The contract is picked up by another team only if they claim him off waivers right? If he clears waivers and gets released, we still pay him the rest of his salary. I doubt he gets claimed and we're not going to end up outrighting him to Charlotte afterwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

You gotta be available to be valuable and his body's about done. I just can't imagine with Engel dealing with injuries and the high probability that Goodwin turns into a pumpkin sometime soon I think they're going to get someone, admitting to this mistake was the first step.

I think they are riding the hot hand until Eloy and Robert get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I almost wonder if Rick saw Eaton batting leadoff yesterday and said nope fuck this, we ain't doing that anymore.  

It is definitely worth pondering.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The contract is picked up by another team only if they claim him off waivers right? If he clears waivers and gets released, we still pay him the rest of his salary. I doubt he gets claimed and we're not going to end up outrighting him to Charlotte afterwards. 

I can't see anyone claiming him, but yes.  If he flows through waivers, he can either accept an assignment to the minors, or elect free agency.  Either way Eaton gets paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can't see anyone claiming him, but yes.  If he flows through waivers, he can either accept an assignment to the minors, or elect free agency.  Either way Eaton gets paid.

Nobody's going to claim him but someone might trade for him and be willing to pay a small portion of his remaining salary. Not likely, but not impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

At this point Goodwin is the superior player, so it makes sense to keep him over Spanky. 

Eaton had a good game yesterday.  I am not sure Goodwin is the superior player, just that he is cheaper.  Eaton has more experience and better D than Goodwin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eaton was a good player, but I think age and injuries caught up to him. Still a bit of a surprise considering we have players who could be sent down as the have options left 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×