AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Seby looked very comfortable back there.  Showed a good arm and didn't spend the day chasing after the ball.  Defensively he looked better than Grandal or Collins IMO.

Unfortunately better than Grandal or Collins is a pretty low bar. Yaz might frame it pretty well, but he's bad at pretty much everything else defensively. 

31 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Billy Hamilton sure has fun out there. Makes the game pleasurable to watch.

This may be a contributing factor to why Eaton isn't around anymore - the fans and his teammates really seem to enjoy being around Billy Hamilton, seems like that clubhouse/energy guy that provides many of the skills (and intangibles) that made Eaton expendable.

1 minute ago, Kalapse said:

Really fun win, feels good to bury the Twins. 8 game lead in the central, incredible.

And to think, it could have been double digits if Gio and Keuchel didn't shit the bed against the Tigers. All before the ASB. 

• Like 1

What a series win.

A week or so ago I said sox should raid the power hitters of the twins (less attractive now with how callups shook out, but at time made sense) and I was told Wait, the sox are about to play 6 games vs the twins, they could get reasonably into it.

They did not. Because they are f'ing terrible. 

Still would take whoa nelly if we have lotsa money. Lord knows I've been spending it on this team.

37 minutes ago, wegner said:

Don't count them out yet, folks....If the Sox go .500 the rest of the way, the Twinkies would only have to go 54-23 to catch them. :cool:

funny thing about this is that this team has finally gotten so consistently good that we just had a .500 stretch and it felt like we were the worst team in baseball.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Wasn't this the guy beefing with Al Cheesy beef about how the Twins would rule the division because they signed Shoemaker? 

He doesn't really beef with people as much as passive aggressive talk shit.  All winter he didn't think the Sox moves were good enough and he lauded everything the Twins did and it rubbed Sox Twitter the wrong way, and they have not let him forget it lmao

this gets shared a lot

E053E4C5-CB7F-4AEB-974A-1EB121F126FB.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

He doesn't really beef with people as much as passive aggressive talk shit.  All winter he didn't think the Sox moves were good enough and he lauded everything the Twins did and it rubbed Sox Twitter the wrong way, and they have not let him forget it lmao

hmm. He sounds like me.

JK I thought twins would be worse but holy smokes I definitely thought they would be 1st or 2nd in division. Dumb bet though, Cleveland can look like a trash team and still squeak out 88-90 wins. Twins can look great and apparently have a 65 win season. 

Sox are not acting like the sox at all, in a great, great way.

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What a shame

If Clevelands season plays out the way it looks like it will, I believe this will be the first season Tito finishes below .500 in his entire career

55 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Aw, that's just too bad.

The Twins were the original Washington Senators and they had some horrible teams down through the years, like they once said Washington, first in war, last in the American League.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

funny thing about this is that this team has finally gotten so consistently good that we just had a .500 stretch and it felt like we were the worst team in baseball.

My confidence level at seeing the first back to back playoff appearances is getting stronger by the day.

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

this gets shared a lot

Haha yeah it is him. I remember he had an exchange with ACB. Ill give him Cruz and Happ, those were solid to good moves. Colome was a tight rope act every night with us and can't miss bats. Shoe is a has been, Simmons is all D, and Robs is meh at best. 

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

this gets shared a lot

Nelson Cruz - was already on the team

Happ - White Sox broke him

Simmons - can't hit and sloppy in the field

Shoemaker - DFA'd 

Robles - Lost without the sticky

Colome - Lost the closer job in like 2 weeks

What an offseason

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

shoutout to Ed Hickox for a disgraceful performance with balls and strikes! Been in MLB for 16 years and has no idea where the plate is!

I think it is outrageous how people malign long time umpires who deserve love and respect.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think it is outrageous how people malign long time umpires who deserve love and respect.

best moment of the game was after Goodwin got what was the 4th strike called on him that missed the plate by a good 2+ inches just ending his AB early by swinging at everything and letting Ed have it on the way back to the dugout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

best moment of the game was after Goodwin got what was the 4th strike called on him that missed the plate by a good 2+ inches just ending his AB early by swinging at everything and letting Ed have it on the way back to the dugout.

I missed the entire game, but it sounds like it is worth having a look at just for the Frank Drebin like home plate umpiring.