The Sox were interested in Joc Pederson in the Spring? A left handed bat. Can hit for power. Very hot and cold hitter. Can play the outfield. With the Northside coming back down to earth..... this might be the Left Handed power bat (cheap) that we need or can get.

I swear that is a name we have all read since he was in the minors that seemed destined to end up in the White Sox organization!  Seems like time is running out if that is ever to happen...wouldn't rule it out but it sure wouldn't cost much to get him!

First of all, this thread should be in the Trade Winds section.

Secondly, and this isn't a knock on Sheets and Burger as one or both might very well end up being good enough to contribute during the playoffs, but it would be irresponsible for the Sox to count on anyone who had never been on a major league roster as of June 28 to do so.

Leury Garcia has a .921 OPS over the last 30 days. If for some reason no trade can be made for Escobar or Frazier or anybody else, I'm trusting Leury to be the starting 2B before I'm putting Burger at 3rd and Moncada at 2nd or vice versa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This should be pinned to every thread: 

MONCADA IS NOT MOVING OFF 3B!!!

Probably not but I'd ask him if he'd do it for the rest of the year. 

Next year when Madrigal returns and Moncada hopefully is healthy and gets his power back then he switches back. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joc is hitting .132 and OPSing .445 over the past 2 weeks and rocking a -0.4 WAR on the season according to b-ref.  Really seems to have cratered after a hot start.  I certainly wouldn’t give up anything for him at this point.  Maybe if he were cut loose but even then I don’t know what he does for this club. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

So you don't have to pay up the ass for Adam Frazier.

That's the nice thing. The Sox don't have to do that. Escobar is available. Others may become available. Worst case scenario Leury Garcia mans 2nd and you get great defense and maybe even good offense. There are options A, B, C, and D before you get to something like putting Burger or Moncada at 2B. Stop treating option E like it's option A.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

36 minutes ago, DanofDuPage said:

Come up with a better option. Someone who wants to be here and can help plus meets the Sox budget. When the the money or prospects will be spent.

I definitely agree.  Let’s focus on players who help instead of stuff like this.  

Getting better should be the goal

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Peterson isn't "a better option".  

I was wondering where all the "See should have signed him!" posts went. A nice trip to fangraphs made that answer pretty obvious.