Do you think Rizzo is looking over his shoulder now? Don’t look too hard he might throw out his back again.

After years of hearing Cub fans telling us that we need a Jon Lester for the Sox rebuild maybe the Cubs need to find their Jose Abreu (or Bryce Ball) to start the rebuild!

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Except that choosing between those two to replace Acuna sucks a lot more than choosing between those two to replace Mazara.

Perspective haha.

One had to do it with Acuna, and the other had to do it with Trout. Yeah, the Sox aren't the only team losing superstars to injuries.

9 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Hey Friday have you heard anything on that White Sox trade you mentioned a few weeks ago?

Bro, I heard stuff on a scouting level that I probably got too excited about. Scouts were all a-Twitter about one of our guys and were in love with theirs. I probably got overheated. That’s my bad and my last dabble in trying to predict moves. I still think we make a substantial move, but lesson learned. Listed to y2jimmy

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Bro, I heard stuff on a scouting level that I probably got too excited about. Scouts were all a-Twitter about one of our guys and were in love with theirs. I probably got overheated. That’s my bad and my last dabble in trying to predict moves. I still think we make a substantial move, but lesson learned. Listed to y2jimmy

Thank you for your honesty

7 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Thank you for the insight on this! 

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

So the Braves had to choose from Eaton or Joc. Much like what we did this off-season lol. 

It makes more sense now that Atlanta pulled the trigger with the Cubs, since there were reports the Braves were going to eat around $1M ish of Eaton's deal. They are eating just under $2.0M for Pederson, so they figure Pederson has more upside (health and performance), which most would agree with at this point.

The Angels aren't going anywhere, they just need live bodies to finish the season.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Amazing how the Cubs are covered so incredulously

Yeah just plug him into the lineup

Well he could be useful, replace Rizzo or DH or he could just be another Rutherford.

Edited by The Beast

5 hours ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Thank you for your honesty

Thanks for understanding. It wasn’t a pirates or diamondbacks scout I know that was told to scout the Sox hard, though. Or the Rockies. 

i THINK it’s somewhere else. But that’s just me filling in blanks like you guys do. 

Edited by Blackout Friday

8 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

Joc was traded for a predictable return. Let’s take it easy on the gotcha stuff, shall we? 

7 hours ago,  southsider2k5 said:

A 23 year old hitting .207 in A ball. Seems like an odd equal for Dylan Cease +,  but ok.

Nvm 

Edited by Blackout Friday

1 hour ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Even with Ball’s struggles this year he’d be a top 5 player in the Sox system after the draft according to Fangraphs.

That’s a very solid haul for Joc IMO 

I think Fangraphs’ view of the system is very outdated and I don’t think he’d be anywhere close to our top 5 even before the draft IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Even with Ball’s struggles this year he’d be a top 5 player in the Sox system after the draft according to Fangraphs.

That’s a very solid haul for Joc IMO 

Just like Casey Gillespie. The guy is 23 or 24 1B struggling in A Ball. 

56 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think Fangraphs’ view of the system is very outdated and I don’t think he’d be anywhere close to our top 5 even before the draft IMO.

FG had Zack Burdi as the #2 rated prospect in the system, so yeah there's some serious updates that need to be done there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

Ah yes, let’s completely ignore the context of COVID putting every milb player back a year in a development. 

The guy also turned 23 last week. He’s a year younger than the average player at high A. 

The braves paid a lot for 2 months of a platoon bat that plays bad defense. 

If we're doing that, then there's a lot of Sox minor leaguers I'd take over a 24th round 1B. He's younger than the average, but average includes all the filler.

Just like Kelley, Thompson, and Dahlquist have been disappointing - and they never got rookie ball and entered this season at 19 or 20 years old - this dude has been more disappointing.

48 minutes ago, Quin said:

If we're doing that, then there's a lot of Sox minor leaguers I'd take over a 24th round 1B. He's younger than the average, but average includes all the filler.

Just like Kelley, Thompson, and Dahlquist have been disappointing - and they never got rookie ball and entered this season at 19 or 20 years old - this dude has been more disappointing.

Not sure how a .750 OPS is more disappointing than a double digit ERA in rookie ball as the teams top prospect but okay. 

Longenhagen, who unlike you has seen this guy play, gave the guy a 70 grade for raw power. 

Mlb pipeline has him ahead of Gavin sheets in updated rankings. 

Edited by FriendlyNorthsider