Should Rodon be shut down for an extended period to preserve him for the postseason?

ron883

Should Rodon be shut down for an extended period?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rodon be shut down for an extended period?

On 7/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, southsider2k5 said:

The one thing I will say that I have noticed, is that Rodon does seem to be approaching games like he is going to give exactly the effort he needs to get by.  His velocity is lowest early on in the game, and then when he knows he is almost done, he breaks out the 99-100 mph stuff.  I can't figure out if he is trying to pace himself in game to get by this season, or if he just takes that long to get loose.

Justin Verlander and Bartolo Colon would do exactly the same thing in their hardest throwing years. 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pitching in those conditions wasn’t ideal, yet it didn’t seem to bother Hernandez, who came into the game with a 6+ ERA.  Of course, no Anderson, Abreu and Jimenez to deal with, either.  

he was having the same issues his last start as well.

Edited by harkness99

On 7/9/2021 at 7:41 AM, he gone. said:

Yes. 110%. Just like Kopech and his somewhat phantom injury. 

As mentioned I'd go out there and get a body. Or bring up Stiever. This should become even more apparent if our lead continues to grow. 

I just looked up the Knights stats.. no idea who Mike Wright Jr. is - not a bad season so far. 61ip, under 1.00 whip. Lambert should be able to give a few. Stiever. Reynaldo is a disaster down there, but maybe a few innings out of him. Give me 10-15 starts out of the group above and let us go .500 during those and i'd be happy. Those 75IP plus a few kopech starts should really help relieve the staff enough to keep them okay for games that count. Selectively find series against the tigers, orioles, royals, etc. and use those guys against those teams. 

@BrianAnderson  changed his name and left us ? This post here was basically the way it turned out. Very good ! Respect !