GT 7/9: SOX @ BAL, 6:05

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I listened to the O's broadcast the top of the 9th, and switched back to Jason/Stone this bottom half. We are so spoiled it's unreal. 

I kinda like Gary Thorne. He MC’d Big Frank’s (among many notable others that year) HOF ceremony, so I’ve got a soft spot for him. But I do think he’s pretty good. 

• Like 3

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

I kinda like Gary Thorne. He MC’d Big Frank’s (among many notable others that year) HOF ceremony, so I’ve got a soft spot for him. But I do think he’s pretty good. 

he was waxxing about how the sox had multiple 100 loss seasons, but their recent drafts have finally been okay. It was odd. 

19 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The actual results and usage are whom

Kopech isn't a guy you try and "get work" when he can't work like a normal reliever, 

Looking at the game log from April-may looks like he was on a schedule with increasing pitch counts to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRDSR said:

Anyone else just start having problems with Mlb.tv?  All of a sudden blacked out for me in northern Virginia.  Did the game just go on a national broadcast or something?

Maybe you are too close to Baltimore.  MLB is showing the game on MASN Baltimore Orioles broadcast.

2 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Agree...Gary Thorne was very good when he was with the White Sox for a short time!  Too bad for him it was right before the White Sox renaissance (1988 or 1989?)!  

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And since he came off the DL he's thrown 11, 15 and 15 pitches. You insinuated he'd go multiple innings tonight, it's OK to be wrong guy. Next.

Thanks but him pitching tonight doesn’t prove they aren’t building him up for playoffs. Obviously they had to back him off coming off the DL. The year long trend still indicates he is pitching on a schedule contrary to your claim which you still haven’t backed up with anything. That’s just bizarre logic. Because I insinuated he would pitch two and he didn’t, that means the Sox are absolutely not planning on stretching out Kopech in the second half. That’s just not good thinking, pal

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Foster is BACK!

Sarcasm I'm sure but I would like nothing better...if this bullpen wants to be as advertised coming into the season in the 2nd half I would feel much more confident in our playoff chances.

47 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

All good. i can't believe I have to fight people thinking we need to worry about the indians. it's not just the eye test. their stats suck too. if they were in any other division they would have been buried last week. Without Bieber and Civale they are bottom feeders. Sorry I am getting worked up over this, but the alcohol is flowing and sox are up 9-1 while jason and posters are lamenting over the royals not beating them. 

We are very injured right now and have a tough month coming up. If we were healthier I think things would be different. But that lineup we put out today is fun to think about, but may not be ready to play big boy baseball. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

We are very injured right now and have a tough month coming up. If we were healthier I think things would be different. But that lineup we put out today is fun to think about, but may not be ready to play big boy baseball. 

Are you trying to insinuate something about these Orioles?

4 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Thanks but him pitching tonight doesn’t prove they aren’t building him up for playoffs. Obviously they had to back him off coming off the DL. The year long trend still indicates he is pitching on a schedule contrary to your claim which you still haven’t backed up with anything 

Uh ok champ. I didn't make any claim.