Rotation after break

flavum

I would skip Lynn from pitching against Houston, he always sucks against them. If both Lynn and Rodon pitch in the ASG, they should be on regular rest by Sunday. I'd go Giolito, Cease, Rodon, Lynn, Keuchel. 

18 minutes ago, flavum said:

Looks like the starter next Friday will be on schedule to pitch in Iowa on August 12. Kinda feel like Giolito is owed it after last season’s cancellation.

Giolito, Keuchel, Cease, Lynn, Rodon

Good?

You can't really predict who's going to be a starter for a game over a month away

5 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Gio doesn’t deserve shit. And it’s a game over a month away. 

I will say this...while that game will be of interest for some pretty cool reasons...there are much bigger things to focus upon when lining up the rotation!  

I think the rotation will be:- 

1) Giolito

2) Keuchel

3) Cease

4) Rodon (Pitching 1st game of DH) Kopech pitching 2nd game of DH

5) Lynn

I reckon Rodon will be out for the lower innings game and go 5 innings or less to conserve his arm. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I’d love to add a swing guy and move to six man rotation before the playoffs. Not sure our bullpen can handle it

Normally I would kind of laugh at this, but with Cease, Rodon, Kopech, and Crochet up against some pretty serious innings history a swing man AND a long reliever to suck up innings is a really good idea.

I'm going to the game Sunday, and I honestly don't know who I'd like to see pitch.  Probably Rodon since it's against the Astros.  Normally, I'd love to be at a game when Lynn pitches, but he's struggled against the Astros.  But, if Lynn and Rodon pitch in the all star game, I could see a rotation of Giolito, Keuchel, Cease, Lynn, Rodon to start the second half.