GT 7/10: SOX @ BAL, 3:05

I got so excited that I committed a faux pas by creating the game thread at 5:30am, then to learn that was not my prerogative.

This will be my first game since summer 2016 after spending four of the last five seasons overseas.  Go Sox!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BRDSR said:

I got so excited that I committed a faux pas by creating the game thread at 5:30am, then to learn that was not my prerogative.

This will be my first game since summer 2016 after spending four of the last five seasons overseas.  Go Sox!

Welcome Back...and Enjoy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Gio needs to get his shit together starting today 

Agree. Gio needs to start looking like a No1 starter. The Sox will need 3 strong starters heading in to the playoffs. Right now I would have total confidence in Rodon and Lynn heading in to the post season. Gio needs to be No3.

Weirdly enough we really haven't done much against the Orioles' starters (probably the worst group in baseball right now) in our 5 games against them this season. Most of the damage is coming against their bullpen. 

59 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

If y'all want to win this game, you better get in here and start griping about stuff.

Can’t believe Sheets is hitting ahead of Burger!  When, not if, the Sox lose, this will be the sole source of failure.  Burger 7, Sheets 8, or else!

9 minutes ago, skooch said:

I don't get all the Goodwin hate. A left handed bat with a 129 OPS+, 130 wRC+, 12.9% walk rate 23.7% K-rate. What's so baffling?

Until he cools off vs. RHP, or the Sox get somebody better, we may be seeing him in the clean up spot, a lot more.

So far, in his small sample size, here are his stats vs. RHP:   AVG   .327   OBP .439   SLG .673   OPS  1.112

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Until he cools off vs. RHP, or the Sox get somebody better, we may be seeing him in the clean up spot, a lot more.

So far, in his small sample size, here are his stats vs. RHP:   AVG   .327   OBP .439   SLG .673   OPS  1.112

Exactly. Play the hot hand. Goodwin has been a nice addition this year.