GT 7/10: SOX @ BAL, 3:05

5 hours ago, Bossanoveralls said:

Or the guy from out of town who started that game thread out of turn.

From out of town?  LOL.  I’m FROM Chicago...been serving in the US military for more than a decade, so tough to get to games.

Sorry about the game thread...not surprisingly, it has nothing to do with wins and losses.

Sox win, go Sox.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BRDSR said:

From out of town?  LOL.  I’m FROM Chicago...been serving in the US military for more than a decade, so tough to get to games.

Sorry about the game thread...not surprisingly, it has nothing to do with wins and losses.

Sox win, go Sox.

Happy for you to finally enjoy a Sox game live after a long wait. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I think Burger makes Lamb expendable.  Lamb was there to provide relief for Moncada.

This statement assumes there will be no more injuries in the next month. Want to put something on that bet?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

This statement assumes there will be no more injuries in the next month. Want to put something on that bet?

At some point there will be a pile of bodies and Robert might have to play for the K Ballers. 

The WS are doing what LA and St. Louis always seemed to do.  Someone goes down and the next guy up plays just fine.  Hardly missing a beat.  This 40 man roster has shown itself to be surprisingly deep.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

I saw that. Cleveland is probably sweeping them. 

I said the other day to just assume Cleveland sweeps. We win tomorrow they only gain a half game for sweeping KC. That would be a good way to protect your lead before resting for the break. 

51 minutes ago, poppysox said:

The WS are doing what LA and St. Louis always seemed to do.  Someone goes down and the next guy up plays just fine.  Hardly missing a beat.  This 40 man roster has shown itself to be surprisingly deep.

I don't think even the Sox knew that Goodwin, Lamb, and Billy would have the value they've brought to us. Yermin giving us that April and these guys holding it down, has kept us afloat. These are also valuable pieces for a WS run. 

55 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yes, the only blip was that trip to Houston.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

And Gordon Beckham just said in the postgame "they're taking care of business"

And that is a great song!!!

Beckham probably scrolled thru SoxTalk before he got on the air.

5 hours ago, BRDSR said:

Sox win, go Sox.

Glad you were able to see a White Sox winner, and catch a game in Baltimore. It's a great stadium.

I did the same "faux pas" earlier this year, since it was unwritten and I didn't know either.

Go Sox!

6 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't think even the Sox knew that Goodwin, Lamb, and Billy would have the value they've brought to us. Yermin giving us that April and these guys holding it down, has kept us afloat. These are also valuable pieces for a WS run. 

Or even Rodon who has brought immense value at a moderate cost.

11 hours ago, BRDSR said:

Sox win, go Sox.

A thousand pardons.

I, too, believe the game thread has nothing to do with the outcome of a game. The post I replied to mentioned a "sole" reason for a potential White Sox loss. I assumed that poster was trying to be funny, so I jumped in. I used your starting the game thread as another possibility for a loss. I thought that blaming a thread starter for a potential loss would give folks a chuckle beause they don't believe a message board thread author determines the outcome of a sports contest, either.

I should have said "the guy who has been out of town instead of "from out of town. Again I thought that would be funny because your post clearly stated you had been out of town for the past four seasons. I thought that "from out of town" would be funnier. Another poor decision on my part.

I am happy for you seeing a win.

I must figure out a way to explain my poor attempts at joking around while attempting the poor jokes I make. Or just not try to post things that get a chuckle at all.

Thank you for your service.

I apologize.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bossanoveralls said:

A thousand pardons.

I, too, believe the game thread has nothing to do with the outcome of a game. The post I replied to mentioned a "sole" reason for a potential White Sox loss. I assumed that poster was trying to be funny, so I jumped in. I used your starting the game thread as another possibility for a loss. I thought that blaming a thread starter for a potential loss would give folks a chuckle beause they don't believe a message board thread author determines the outcome of a sports contest, either.

I should have said "the guy who has been out of town instead of "from out of town. Again I thought that would be funny because your post clearly stated you had been out of town for the past four seasons. I thought that "from out of town" would be funnier. Another poor decision on my part.

I am happy for you seeing a win.

I must figure out a way to explain my poor attempts at joking around while attempting the poor jokes I make. Or just not try to post things that get a chuckle at all.

Thank you for your service.

I apologize.

We all fall flat while cracking wise from time to time.  That's what happens when you shoot from the hip on a message board.