GT 7/11: SOX @BAL, 12:05

20 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Ruiz and Foster pitched the 10th.  Don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Yeah, Mariano Rivera and Billy Wagner didn't even get up to war up.  Fuck LaRussa.

Who was suppose pitch there then, Einstein?

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Burr threw 18 pitches yesterday. He threw on Wednesday against the Twins before that. Did TLR just forget he was on the team or is he not healthy?

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oldsox said:

So who are they use they supposed to give the W to?? Cease?  No, because once the score got tied after he left, he is no longer involved.  Ruiz?  I don't think so.  Foster?  No, because he got the save.  Can't get both the Save and the Win.  The system they have makes perfect sense, but you do not.

I'd give it to Cease. His effort earned the win more than anyone else's. I don't care when the final lead was attained. If that doesn't make sense I will just have to not make sense.

16 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Yeah, Mariano Rivera and Billy Wagner didn't even get up to war up.  Fuck LaRussa.

Who was suppose pitch there then, Einstein?

@Tnetennba will blame La Russa any chance he gets. It's getting embarrassing at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, IWokeUpLikeThis said:

Congrats to La Russa and the boys on completing the first season series sweep of 5+ games (7-0) in 120+ years of franchise history. 

I mean, the heavily unbalanced schedule started in 2001…but it’s still cool!

• Thanks 1

in my opinion, Kopech is the best pitcher in our bullpen, not Hendriks. If he is not available out of the bullpen the Sox are going to lose a lot of games after the 6th Perhaps scouting reports on Hendriks may have made him more predictable and hit-able this season.

Crochet  and Heuer are the only other relievers I have confidence will help hold leads in the second half of the season.

For me, improving the bullpen and adding a starting catcher are the highest priority for trade acquisitions.  Yadi would be a great match for this team

• Haha 5

52 minutes ago, tray said:

in my opinion, Kopech is the best pitcher in our bullpen, not Hendriks. If he is not available out of the bullpen the Sox are going to lose a lot of games after the 6th Perhaps scouting reports on Hendriks may have made him more predictable and hit-able this season.

Crochet  and Heuer are the only other relievers I have confidence will help hold leads in the second half of the season.

For me, improving the bullpen and adding a starting catcher are the highest priority for trade acquisitions.  Yadi would be a great match for this team

I believe you overlooked Bummer who should return soon, and Burr who has pitched well this season.

The restrictions scheduling Kopech and Crochet, for both production and development, has restrictions at times in terms of availability. It wouldn't surprise me if Kopech is stretched out to start over the next month, should have enough innings in reserve based on his very conservative usage the first half and lengthy IL stint. Hoping Crochet gets multi inning appearances to help him stretch to Kopech 2021 level innings next year and a starter in 2023.

24 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

What reliever isn’t available when there’s about to be 4 days off lol

Well maybe he said  can’t go. Quit blaming Larussa maybe blame burr for being a pussy, or maybe burr tweaked something. That said, the manager said he couldn’t go. I do t think he was drunk either. Usually managers know this crap and soxtalk nuts don’t 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, quickman said:

Well maybe he said  can’t go. Quit blaming Larussa maybe blame burr for being a pussy, or maybe burr tweaked something. That said, the manager said he couldn’t go. I do t think he was drunk either. Usually managers know this crap and soxtalk nuts don’t 

Burr is coming off TJS too. Maybe he has some type of restriction. TLR isn't just making stuff up. Burr was unavailable for whatever reason. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

I'd give it to Cease. His effort earned the win more than anyone else's. I don't care when the final lead was attained. If that doesn't make sense I will just have to not make sense.

Makes no difference.

Should we make this retroactive, and award a W to all starting pitchers who ever left the game after at least 5 innings while ahead in the score, only to have a subsequent relief pitcher give up the lead?  The qualifications for a W are etched in stone, and that stone is way over 100 years old.

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

Foster really gave up two missiles. Thank god Stewart hit that to the 410 foot portion of the park. 

Should have brought the lefty Fry to pitch to the lefty Stewart.  Stewart was 5ft away from a walkoff.  Dodged another bullet.

8 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I agree, even when Hendricks is prone to giving up HRs, I'd rather see him in the 10th than Ruiz. LH doesn't walk batters, Ruiz does.

Ruiz should have been our last option.  He is not good in pressure situations/closer. Remember the As playoff game last season asamajor example.