Take some time off boys, enjoy the pre All Star Game White Sox Winner!

South Side Hit Men

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Unless Houston can rally from five down with their last six outs,  Sox will head to the break as the best team in the AL.  Mercy!

Red Sox have the best record at 55-36. Technically, they have one more loss so I suppose that makes their records the same. I personally go by the wins though. Giants lead all of baseball at 56-32. Interesting to note.

Really glad we pulled this one out. Blowing the game twice would have left a real bad taste in my mouth going into 4 off days. Hopefully our guys get a little healthier and we can play better against Houston this time around, who look to be struggling against the Yankees. 

One of the problems I have with Soxtalk is the lack of love given to the hard working umpires....so I'd like to personally give a shout out to the home plate ump for not calling ball 4 on Engel in the 10th.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Gotta love the first multi-HR game for Vaughn and a clutch bomb in extras from Engel. They would of lost the game if Adam didn't come through there.  He's looking real sharp at the plate since coming back from injury. Might be a breakthrough year for him. Winning is easier when guys in the lineup are hitting home runs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

One of the problems I have with Soxtalk is the lack of love given to the hard working umpires....so I'd like to personally give a shout out to the home plate ump for not calling ball 4 on Engel in the 10th.

I'd like to call out the first base umpire for not knowing what a check swing looks like. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'd like to call out the first base umpire for not knowing what a check swing looks like. 

That seems overly critical...these guys work hard....enjoy your All Star Break Angel Hernandez et al.

3 minutes ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Gotta love the first multi-HR game for Vaughn and a clutch bomb in extras from Engel. They would of lost the game if Adam didn't come through there.  He's looking real sharp at the plate since coming back from injury. Might be a breakthrough year for him. Winning is easier when guys in the lineup are hitting home runs. 

I never expected Engel show power like this. You're right. This could be a breakthrough for him. Nearing the trading deadline, this team doesn't need outfielders. It needs at least one decent arm in the bullpen. I would prefer two, but that is asking too much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I never expected Engel show power like this. You're right. This could be a breakthrough for him. Nearing the trading deadline, this team doesn't need outfielders. It needs at least one decent arm in the bullpen. I would prefer two, but that is asking too much.

The biggest thing is that he's doing most of his damage against right handed pitchers. He's no longer a guy you have to protect with a platoon. Hopefully that hamstring stays healthy and he can continue his improvement at the plate. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Good thing they picked Hendriks up in the tenth to get the sweep, but they need to tighten up the bullpen if they want to win in the playoffs.

This is an understatement. They gave one multi-run lead today, and tried to give up another. How about a reliever who doesn't fall behind hitters right off the bat?

Still, this has been an amazing first half. The development of Vaughn, and contributions from guys liked Engel, Hamilton, and Goodwin has been something else. Get back Eloy and Robert,, get a couple of relievers and win this damn thing.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Andrew Vaughn is really starting to figure it out

Remember when that Pittsburgh radio station pitched Frazier for Vaughn?

Vaughn for Frazier, Cease+ for Pederson.

What a world sports radio lives in.

49 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I would like RH to inquire about what it would take to get Craig Kimbrel from the Cubs.