Take some time off boys, enjoy the pre All Star Game White Sox Winner!

South Side Hit Men

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm probably in the minority but I dont like or trust Kimbrel.

Ruiz in the 10th after Hendricks spit the bit just doesn't do it for me.  We need another late innings arm.  Who is available...better than Kimbrel?

1 hour ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Gotta love the first multi-HR game for Vaughn and a clutch bomb in extras from Engel. They would of lost the game if Adam didn't come through there.  He's looking real sharp at the plate since coming back from injury. Might be a breakthrough year for him. Winning is easier when guys in the lineup are hitting home runs. 

Exactly. Vaughn is maturing as a hitter and so is Engel as odd as that sounds for a 29 year old. Slowly but surely he has figured out what works best for him.

Just need another guy in the lineup every day who consistently hits HR's from the left side and some BP pieces. I'll take a 3 run bomb over just about any other hit.

2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Ruiz in the 10th after Hendricks spit the bit just doesn't do it for me.  We need another late innings arm.  Who is available...better than Kimbrel?

I agree the bullpen needs help but I agree with EloyJenkins above.

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

I never expected Engel show power like this. You're right. This could be a breakthrough for him. Nearing the trading deadline, this team doesn't need outfielders. It needs at least one decent arm in the bullpen. I would prefer two, but that is asking too much.

It's not asking too much at all

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Exactly. Vaughn is maturing as a hitter and so is Engel as odd as that sounds for a 29 year old. Slowly but surely he has figured out what works best for him.

Just need another guy in the lineup every day who consistently hits HR's from the left side and some BP pieces. I'll take a 3 run bomb over just about any other hit.

The ghost of Earl Weaver agrees 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, poppysox said:

If the Nationals are selling, I'd prefer Hudson to answer your question Poppy.

38 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Over the last 200 at bats for Engel...2021, 2020 and Sept/Oct 2019...he's slashing .278/.319/.500...10 doubles and 11 homers.  Plus great speed and gold glove defense....why do we need a right fielder again?  

Because he gets hurt all the time and has a limited track record against RHP.  We can’t let hot steaks cloud our judgement when it comes to upgrades.  Engel is a great 4th OF, but we’d be taking a big leap of faith if we made him our everyday RF IMO.

18 minutes ago, wegner said:

If the Nationals are selling, I'd prefer Hudson to answer your question Poppy.

Plenty of relievers out there who are going to be traded who are better than our bottom 3 or 4 guys but you know the Sox aren't going to trade for more than 2 relievers and maybe they just go with one.

Just like before the season many were stoked about our young group of relievers in a short season  But as is often the case relief pitchers and young pitchers are an unpredictable lot. There's really no way to know if a reliever who had good stats in the 1st half will continue to put up good stats in the 2nd half.

When the Sox do trade for relief pitching I'd like to see them go after guys who have pitched in the tougher divisions in baseball and put up decent stats facing good teams. That shouldn't be too hard to figure out if the Sox put their analytics team to good use.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Because he gets hurt all the time and has a limited track record against RHP.  We can’t let hot steaks cloud our judgement when it comes to upgrades.  Engel is a great 4th OF, but we’d be taking a big leap of faith if we made him our everyday RF IMO.

You go with a starting OF of Vaughn, Robert and Engel, with Goodwin getting spot starts vs RHP in place of either corner guy.

If Frazier is available for a reasonable price, you get him and he can fill that role plus play 2B.

4 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

You go with a starting OF of Vaughn, Robert and Engel, with Goodwin getting spot starts vs RHP in place of either corner guy.

If Frazier is available for a reasonable price, you get him and he can fill that role plus play 2B.

What do you do with Frazier after 2021? With Madrigal coming back next year I don't see any pace for Frazier on the team.

Edited by WBWSF

49 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I would like RH to inquire about what it would take to get Craig Kimbrel from the Cubs.

Stop. Just stop. 

It is a waste of time, it is a waste of bandwidth, it is mental masturbation to squander a billisecond dreaming of this org having enough trade ammo to go get anything more than a rental.

It is FURTHER mental masturbation to squander a billisecond thinking about this ownership putting as much cash as it would take to pay BOTH Hendriks and Kimberly.

Once again, just stop. K?

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Stop. Just stop. 

It is a waste of time, it is a waste of bandwidth, it is mental masturbation to squander a billisecond dreaming of this org having enough trade ammo to go get anything more than a rental.

It is FURTHER mental masturbation to squander a billisecond thinking about this ownership putting as much cash as it would take to pay BOTH Hendriks and Kimberly.

And hiring TLR was "moronic".  Thanks again for your wisdom.  (note WS top five payroll in 00's, 90's and 80's when the team was competitive )

• Fire 2

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

200 consecutive at bats (now 12 home runs btw) over three seasons...at what point is it no longer a fluke?   Everything's a leap of faith...2018 NL MVP (and 2nd in 2019) is probably available.  

3 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Stop. Just stop. 

May as go all the way if you're dreaming.

(Values from Baseball Trade Values):

Cubs send: Contreras (34.3) + Bryant (15.1) + Kimbrel (2.6) + Hendriks (-4.9) = 47.1

White Sox sendCease (38.2) & Sheets (6.0) = 44.2

15 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Stop. Just stop. 

Now I’m intrigued…You’re usually a pretty good contra-indicator 

1 hour ago, JTB said:

My guess is Bernstein would be looking for Giolito plus.  

I think we will find that the Cubs are more rational than many here think.  Salary relief is big on their wish list.  Of course, absolutely every contender can use more pitching.