Eaton to Atlanta rumor

elrockinMT

10 minutes ago, buckweaver said:

yea i saw the sox posted he was granted unconditional release yesterday, so wtf happened here?  why did the Braves trade some random scrub to the Sox? Don't the Sox have like a week to try and trade him after the put him on waivers?  So basically nobody wanted him and the Sox just were like fuck it we'll eat the entire contract?

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

yea i saw the sox posted he was granted unconditional release yesterday, so wtf happened here?  why did the Braves trade some random scrub to the Sox? Don't the Sox have like a week to try and trade him after the put him on waivers?  So basically nobody wanted him and the Sox just were like fuck it we'll eat the entire contract?

Precisely.  Looks like the Neslony deal was unrelated and likely just for cash.  

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

if the Braves want him, they likely figured they don't have to provide any compensation.

They only have to pay $252K for the remainder of the season. He'll probably pick them even if another team bids, they have a history of fielding old grinder types in right field.

So $7.7M (if claimed) or $8.0M (if not) for a solid April. Meh.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

if the Braves want him, they likely figured they don't have to provide any compensation.

They only have to pay $252K for the remainder of the season. He'll probably pick them even if another team bids, they have a history of fielding old grinder types in right field.

So $7.7M (if claimed) or $8.0M (if not) for a solid April. Meh.

Yea sure I just don't understand that trade the other day then.  Like what did the Sox send them?  A deep dish?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

Dan Bernstein said Joc Pederson is worth Dylan Cease+ so I can only imagine the return we can get for Eaton, who has a better WAR

I don't think the Sox are getting anything for him. They released him, I think he became a free agent.