2021 MLB Draft Day 2 Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's a good look at what he needs to correct.  His lift gets rotational.  He needs to stay more vertical. That will fix his direction and help his command.  It's an easy fix for a kid that is so athletic.   

Referring to Gosswein?

4 hours ago, Johno said:

The kid from Arkansas, Kopps would be a fantastic pickup in round 3 or 4.

Would have loved him, but I love what CWS has done so far

Burke is gonna be good

4 hours ago, Springfield Soxfan said:

Fabian in round 2 please. 

BOS got a steal

2 hours ago, DirtySox said:

I don't know how I feel about Hill.

COL got a steal

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I went back and looked through old draft threads. Man, we were really excited about Trey Michalczewski

Met him when he was with KAN

Insanely relaxed and nice guy, glad to see him still playing Indy ball, always will be a fan

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Sean Burke.

Great pick, wow

Future MOR guy hopefully

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Another guy rated way higher than the spot he was picked.  MLB had him at 75, BA 53rd.

Awesome pick

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

Wow rocker got 6 mill from mets.

Awesome to see how eager he was to sign

Doubt he throws too much this season, but NYM got a good one

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

3 high school picks in the top 5.

Wow.

Feels so foreign

3 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's a good look at what he needs to correct.  His lift gets rotational.  He needs to stay more vertical. That will fix his direction and help his command.  It's an easy fix for a kid that is so athletic.   

Not a fan of the heel strike with the plant foot. Robs his body of a great deal of momentum transfer and adds extra stress to the low back and shoulder. Shorten the stride a bit and it will help tremendously.

Edit: Thought you were talking about McDougal.

Edited by ptatc

Read this on Gosswein, not a great 2021 collegiate season,  but potential upside, feel they can use savings from slot money for their first three picks.

https://www.southsidesox.com/2021/7/12/22574270/white-sox-draft-lhp-brooks-gosswein-in-the-fourth-round-124th-overall

This also feels like a money-saving pick for the White Sox, who took a player who wasn’t ranked in MLB Pipeline’s top 250. The White Sox probably feel like they can sign Gosswein under the slot value of $460,000 to use some of the money saved for their high picks.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, quickman said:

Wow if i saw this video it would be a huge pass for me. If he even signs he will need throw strikes, doubt he signs tho. 

If they get picked today, they're signing imo. 

In the last few years only 3-4 total players from the 10 round picks per season don't sign. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they get picked today, they're signing imo. 

In the last few years only 3-4 total players from the 10 round picks per season don't sign. 

thanks, good to know. took an aweful chance with this guy and the barrington guy. both seem to walk people or seem wild. I get nothing is perfect with this, but seems like a ton of risk here. maybe thats the new strategy, draft your top two or maybe three guys and the rest is a total crap shoot. 

1 minute ago, quickman said:

thanks, good to know. took an aweful chance with this guy and the barrington guy. both seem to walk people or seem wild. I get nothing is perfect with this, but seems like a ton of risk here. maybe thats the new strategy, draft your top two or maybe three guys and the rest is a total crap shoot. 

The entire MLB draft is a crap shoot.  I love this 5th rounder guy

• Like 2