2021 MLB Draft Day 2 Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I will say that a lot of the Sox draft strategy recently is putting a ton of pressure on their top 2-3 picks, especially that they're HS guys. They better be right or they're going to have to really hope that they grab some gems in round 11-20. 

Rounds 11-20 will be VERY important for them.  I was told there are some in the organization who are "alarmed" at the overall lack of talent in the minor leagues.  They have to dig up some dudes in the later rounds. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Wood reminds me or a left handed version of Kyle Blanks, if I am allowed to channel ,y inner caulfield. Huge raw power but a lot of questions whether he will ever make enough contact. 

If you were Caulfield, you would bring up Hades from Disney's Hercules.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

You're still about 18 names short of a Caulfield post. Either he has a baseball encyclopedia next to him, or he has remembered every player who has ever put on a uniform in his lifetime. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Just now, Dick Allen said:

You're still about 18 names short of a Caulfield post. Either he has a baseball encyclopedia next to him, or he has remembered every player who has ever put on a uniform in his lifetime. 

Also needs a late 80's Cubs player reference.

19 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I love this change in draft philosophy thus far. Well done.

I've got to say, while I like getting a couple high school short stops the White Sox have been successful drafting for quite some time so all the fans pandering for them to change the way they pick is really confusing.

• Like 1