2021 MLB Draft Day 2 Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

After the first two rounds it's like everyone is drafting european basketball players. If I recognize them, I like the pick. If I don't, I'm easily convinced one way or another.

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Gosswein is from Barrington HS. Does it easy and can spin the hell out of it with good feel for a change.  The strike zone moves around on him a bit but there is feel in there and he has an athletic delivery. Lots of upside with him. Great freakin pick. 

See, I was underwhelmed by the stats page / MLB.com profile but now I'm hyped as fuck.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

See, I was underwhelmed by the stats page / MLB.com profile but now I'm hyped as fuck.

That's what I'm here for!  He checks a lot of boxes. His command gets a little wobbly but I think he just needs to make a small adjustment and he's plenty athletic enough to do it.  He's going to be a fun one to follow.  

Tanner McDougal

Silverado HS, Las Vegas RHP

Notes:

Ht: 6-6 | Wt: 210 | B-T: R-R
Commit/Drafted: Oregon
Age At Draft: 18.3

BA Grade: 45 | Risk: Extreme
Fastball: 55 | Slider: 60 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 40

McDougal, whose father pitched in the minor leagues, isn’t as well known in draft prospect circles because he didn’t play in a lot of the big events, other than the 2020 Area Code Games, leading into his senior high school season. With a solid, projectable frame, McDougal is still very much an intriguing project with a very loose arm that delivers a fastball in the 92-94 mph range, touching 96 mph. His breaking ball, best labeled as a slurve, has a wide range of speeds and can be a plus pitch when he consistently delivers it at mid-80s slider speed. He slows his arm and doesn’t have a lot of feel for an 81-85 mph changeup. He has below-average command, in part because of a delivery with a head whack and plenty of moving parts, which could indicate a future as a bullpen arm, and he doesn’t work out of the windup much. McDougal is committed to Oregon.

Ranked 148 at BA.

Edited by DirtySox

shirley is clearly confident in their scouting:

McDougal, whose father pitched in the minor leagues, isn’t as well known in draft prospect circles because he didn’t play in a lot of the big events, other than the 2020 Area Code Games, leading into his senior high school season. With a solid, projectable frame, McDougal is still very much an intriguing project with a very loose arm that delivers a fastball in the 92-94 mph range, touching 96 mph. His breaking ball, best labeled as a slurve, has a wide range of speeds and can be a plus pitch when he consistently delivers it at mid-80s slider speed. He slows his arm and doesn’t have a lot of feel for an 81-85 mph changeup. He has below-average command, in part because of a delivery with a head whack and plenty of moving parts, which could indicate a future as a bullpen arm, and he doesn’t work out of the windup much. McDougal is committed to Oregon.

9 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

That's what I'm here for!  He checks a lot of boxes. His command gets a little wobbly but I think he just needs to make a small adjustment and he's plenty athletic enough to do it.  He's going to be a fun one to follow.  

Is he enough of an underslot for Kath?