More Moncada hot takez

joejoesox

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes, you are name calling because you can't stay on point, but I am the one who is sensitive. 

I think it's the other way around you didn't stay on point. You seem to have this mission or grudge to always attack me on every single comment I make. I noticed when someone doesn't agree with you, the intense attacks come out. I guess you don't follow the old adage, "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree". I can understand that aspect of you, when you seem to be on this forum 24/7 all day long. Btw FYI, using contrarian is not name calling. It's not some ugly swear word as you seem to think. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Which is an incredibly important part of the game of baseball......

Literally the only thing that Yoan is missing right now is homers, and we know of a shoulder and hand injury which are power sapping injuries.  He is on pace for about a 5 WAR season.  He's putting up a very big OPS+ even without those homers, by still hitting in the clutch (1.071 OPS with RISP) and drawing a ton of walks besides his other  hitting numbers.  He's also putting up another excellent defensive season, following up another one last year, despite his COVID problems.  His metrics are all WAY up over last year, including hard hit and line drive percentages.  I keep saying it, but once the hand heals up, he is primed for a huge second half.

3 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I think it's the other way around you didn't stay on point. You seem to have this mission or grudge to always attack me on every single comment I make. I noticed when someone doesn't agree with you, the intense attacks come out. I guess you don't follow the old adage, "I guess we'll have to agree to disagree". I can understand that aspect of you, when you seem to be on this forum 24/7 all day long. Btw FYI, using contrarian is not name calling. It's not some ugly swear word as you seem to think. 

Yet you are calling Ron an idiot 4 posts back here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

why don't you just agree to disagree with him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I responded to what you said, but I didn't stay on point.  The only "attacks" have been you using phrases like "delusional" and "idiot" just because they don't agree with you.

Look here at Soxtalk people have different opinions, and if you can't respect that people will disagree with you, you won't make it here long.  I don't know why responded to the points YOU made upsets you so much, but again, you need to be tougher than falling into name calling to make it.  My post was full of stats and the like to prove my point.  Yours was all about how how your point wasn't really your point, and then some name calling.

If that is too much for you, you might need to find a new home soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

C9-QNo.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I responded to what you said, but I didn't stay on point.  The only "attacks" have been you using phrases like "delusional" and "idiot" just because they don't agree with you.

Look here at Soxtalk people have different opinions, and if you can't respect that people will disagree with you, you won't make it here long.  I don't know why responded to the points YOU made upsets you so much, but again, you need to be tougher than falling into name calling to make it.  My post was full of stats and the like to prove my point.  Yours was all about how how your point wasn't really your point, and then some name calling.

If that is too much for you, you might need to find a new home soon.

You are right as usual! How dare anyone especially me disagree with you. My bad, it wont happen again. 

1 minute ago, The Kids Can Play said:

You are right as usual! How dare anyone especially me disagree with you. My bad, it wont happen again. 

You can debate all you like, but if you get that upset when someone responds to what you are talking about, that is an issue.

39 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

During Moncada's rough 2018, he struck out 33.3% of the time and walked 10.3% of the time.  In 2019, which was an amazing year for him, he struck out 27.5% of the time but only walked 7.2% of the time.  So far in 2021, he's striking out only 25.1% of the time and walking a robust 16.5% of the time.  He's clearly getting better at the plate, despite his power numbers being down.  I would hazard to guess that the power dip is temporary and he'll start hitting for power again soon.

He's 26 years old and is one of the best 3B in the game.  He contributes in the field with a really good glove and contributes at the plate by getting on base A LOT.

Do you know how many teams would kill for a player like Yoan?

There was a period where WE would kill for a player like this.  Even if he settles with 25 HR power, you basically have Anthony Rendon. 

I feel like his bad 2018 still sticks with people.  Even in 2019, people were expecting the wheels to fall off at any moment.

24 minutes ago, Bunt Ritual said:

There was a period where WE would kill for a player like this.  Even if he settles with 25 HR power, you basically have Anthony Rendon. 

I feel like his bad 2018 still sticks with people.  Even in 2019, people were expecting the wheels to fall off at any moment.

The Conor Gillaspie era didn't do it for you?

33 minutes ago, Bunt Ritual said:

With many of our players, but for some reason especially Yoan, it's a case of what we have vs. what we want.  And if someone showed Moncada's stats without revealing it's him, most people would LOVE to have that guy on the team.

The Sox have one of the best 3B in the game that gets on base 40% of the time, and fans would love to have...well, one of the best 3B on the game who gets on base 40% of the time.  But not Yoan Moncada.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Bunt Ritual said:

If he becomes the player that he is, so far this year, with "25 HR power," I would be very happy. If injuries are really the reason that he isn't hitting for power this season, then we'll just have to wait until he's healthy. I sure hope so, because he is going to be very expensive, during the last 3 years of that contract. As I stated earlier, $24 & $25 million is lot to pay a guy producing what he is producing this year. Mr. Reinsdorf's unwillingness to spend big, means that the Sox can't afford to be paying that much money to anyone, who isn't a super star.

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

If he becomes the player that he is, so far this year, with "25 HR power," I would be very happy. If injuries are really the reason that he isn't hitting for power this season, then we'll just have to wait until he's healthy. I sure hope so, because he is going to be very expensive, during the last 3 years of that contract. As I stated earlier, $24 & $25 million is lot to pay a guy producing what he is producing this year. Mr. Reinsdorf's unwillingness to spend big, means that the Sox can't afford to be paying that much money to anyone, who isn't a super star.

$25 million isn't really superstar money anymore, that is more in that $35 million range.  It will probably be even less costly with some wage inflation in MLB by 2025.

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

25 mil for a 5 WAR player is dirt cheap.

4 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

No comparison. Kopech at this stage is clearly the better player. Kopech also has a much brighter upside future. Are you sure you watched any Sox games this year?

Your baseball analysis leaves A LOT to be desired sir. Unless you're being facetious, in which case, uh carry on I guess. 

7 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Dude, you need to address the original post. Quit rambling about how good Moncada is or isn't.

The fact is the bigger piece of the Chris Sale trade was Moncada over Kopech.  Based on that, right now who is the better player with a brighter Sox future? Is it Moncada or Kopech? If you say Moncada, then you truly are the #1 SoxTalk  delusional contrarian on this forum.

What is your argument that Kopech is better than Moncada? I haven't seen you make one at all.

Beginning to miss 2017-19…

Also, some newcomers popping up around here are reminiscent of freaking Braves fans in the 90’s and 00’s complaining about not winning enough World Series titles…but not going to the playoff games even because they expected to lose eventually.

How about let’s FIRST make the postseason two consecutive years before nitpicking every single player to death?

Maybe at least change the thread title to HOT CAKEZ…because tasty food is good.