2022 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

2022 - Way Too Early Top 10 Picks from BA.

1.) D-Backs: Elijah Green

2.) Orioles: Jace Jung

3.) Pirates: Brooks Lee

4.) Rangers: Kevin Parada

5.) Royals: Termarr Johnson

6.) Twins: Dylan Lesko

7.) Marlins: Daniel Susac

8.) Tigers: Peyton Pallette

9.) Rockies: Jacob Berry

10.) Nationals: Hunter Barco

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2022-mlb-mock-draft-way-too-early-look-at-the-top-10-picks/

Edited by DirtySox

I really like Kevin Parada, Georgia Tech has kind of become a factory for quality college catchers. 

Another guy I really like is Hayden Dunhurst, the catcher from Ole Miss. 

Montgomery and Kath are welcome additions to the system but the Sox need more athletes and more true up the middle guys

32 minutes ago, bmags said:

I didn’t realize Sox could offer a QO to Rodon. Sox May have two top 40 picks, that would be huge. (Or Rodon an extra year, also excellent but this is the draft thread)

Depends on what changes they make in the upcoming CBA.  Knowing our luck we end up with neither an extra pick or Rodon for an additional year.

two potential top 40 picks if the QO system is still in place and Rodon rejects it. It appears from my cursory research this draft is deep on catching at both the college and high school level.

Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech
Hayden Dunhurst, C, Ole Miss
Daniel Susac, C, Arizona

On 7/15/2021 at 2:52 PM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm scared to death of HS catchers but I think I'd take a shot on this dude.  He's pretty good behind the plate and he can really really hit.  He's also a cocky SOB and I always love that.  

His name is Irish, so I'm already on board, but in regards to that video I can't tell if it's just an angle I'm not used to seeing, but that bullet to 3rd looked unbelievably fast.

On 7/18/2021 at 7:24 AM, bmags said:

I didn’t realize Sox could offer a QO to Rodon. Sox May have two top 40 picks, that would be huge. (Or Rodon an extra year, also excellent but this is the draft thread)

The White Sox aren't eligible for a first round comp pick due to market size. Only the small market clubs get those. If the Sox QO Rodon and he goes elsewhere, they'll get a pick after comp round B. It's usually in the 70's. 

24 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The White Sox aren't eligible for a first round comp pick due to market size. Only the small market clubs get those. If the Sox QO Rodon and he goes elsewhere, they'll get a pick after comp round B. It's usually in the 70's. 

Yeah that's what I remembered later but then when I saw others mention it I thought maybe we just gave up a 2nd rounder but still got a 1st round comp.

Oh well, still would be an extra million.

• 2 months later...