2022 MLB Draft Thread

Harold's Leg Lift

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You should've said hello.  I was the one in a black shirt holding a radar gun.  

Well that narrows it down to about 30 people!  That was a huge crowd.  It was a great atmosphere when he came in.

I assume Rocker is trying to rebuild draft stock.  Wasn't it a partially torn UCL that torpedoed things last time around?  If pitches well, I wonder what kind of money he is looking for vs likely to get.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I was told Holliday is the best player in the country and he's the only one of the HS bunch who can play SS.  It's going to see what the O's do but I still think they're gonna underslot a college hitter.  

Law agrees and has them going with Berry in his mock today.

https://theathletic.com/3317893/2022/05/19/mlb-mock-draft-jacob-berry/

Edited by DirtySox

From Law's mock.

26. Chicago White Sox: Robby Snelling, LHP, McQueen HS, Reno

Snelling just keeps getting better as the season goes on, with good stuff, a big frame, and enough present feel and command to make him look safer than other high school arms. The White Sox haven’t taken a high school pitcher in the first round in 18 years, although they also haven’t picked down here for a while, and they have taken and paid high school arms in rounds 2-4 in the last few drafts, including Jared Kelley, Matt Thompson, and Andrew Dalquist.

Scouting report: “Snelling is a ‘now body’ kind of pitcher, meaning we’re not waiting on a lot of physical projection, with above-average stuff and a delivery that really works. He’s up to 94 mph and extends very well over his front side, and his breaking ball, which falls between a curve and a slider, can show plus'”

Edited by DirtySox

They're definitely on him but it's going to be very difficult for them to sign him.  If he's even available at 1-26 (which is doubtful) they can only offer him around $3M. At that number and Boras as his agent he would most likely go to Vandy where he'll dominate for two years and be a draft eligible sophomore then sign for $5M+.  

• Like 1

Callis has a new mock. Picks 1 through 12 are hitters. This hasn't happened since 1965 aapparently.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-2022-historic-focus-on-offense?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

26. White Sox: Robby Snelling, LHP, McQueen HS, Reno, Nev. (No. 16)
This might be more of a floor for Snelling, who like his fellow prep southpaws Barriera and Ferris could slide into the mid-teens somewhere. The White Sox have shown a willingness to invest big money in high school arms in recent Drafts.

No Schultz in the 1st or supplemental round BTW. Since he's being talked about.

Edited by DirtySox