Sign in to follow this  
Harold's Leg Lift

2022 MLB Draft Thread

14 hours ago, fathom said:

I’m surprised at how highly Druw Jones is ranked.  Every at bat I see from him against good pitching, he pounds the ball into the ground.  For those that are bored, the Phillies Scout Team youtube channel was fun to watch over the Summer and Fall.

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

I saw Pipeline has him number 1 now

Plus-plus runner with potential for plus power and he's the best defensive CF in the class already. He's going very, very high. 

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

I saw Pipeline has him number 1 now

I believe it.  It's either Jones or Elijah Green.  They're both speciman's. Green has more power but it comes with more swing and miss. The other top guys all have their warts. Terrmar is (maybe) a 2B and some question if his swing will translate at the next level. Brooks Lee won't stay at SS. Who knows where Jung is going to play and I heard there's some makeup stuff there. Berry can't play 3B so he's a 1B/DH. DeLauter might be the best player in the draft but he's going to be tough to evaluate playing at a smaller D1.  Carter Young has to cut down on the swing and miss. The top college pitchers (Prielipp, Pallette, Crawford, Rocker??) are either injured or coming back from injury. It's going to be a very interesting spring to see how all this shakes out.  

Walter Ford, RHP, Pace

Ever since reclassifying from the 2022 class, Ford’s name has continued to generate helium as more and more organizations have been out to see him and have had the chance to chat. This is premium arm talent up to 97 mph at just 16 years old. He’s got definitive feel for spin, and although Ford is still learning how to harness his big stuff, the arm talent alone has some teams drooling. In terms of pure stuff, there’s some similarities to 2021’s Bubba Chandler. The White Sox dipped into the prep ranks pretty heavily in 2020 and 2021, and we believe that trend continues as they work to stretch what’s appearing to be the potential for a very long competitive window. One college arm to watch here is Gabriel Hughes, a righty out of Gonzaga.

This is who they've pegged as the White Sox selection. 

Too much velocity too soon and he doesn't have the frame to support it.  There's also effort to the delivery.  That kind of guy scares the crap out of me.  Besides if they go HS pitcher which I would be surprised if they did you would have to think Dutkanych would be the guy. 

On 1/6/2022 at 11:16 AM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Too much velocity too soon and he doesn't have the frame to support it.  There's also effort to the delivery.  That kind of guy scares the crap out of me.  Besides if they go HS pitcher which I would be surprised if they did you would have to think Dutkanych would be the guy. 

Agreed.  His velocity seems to be completely derived from arm clocking more than getting into his legs or letting drift help to disconnect the lower and upper half.