Dylan Cease, 2 sport athlete

southsider2k5

23 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, disc golf. a great excuse to walk around the woods and get stoned.

You'd be surprised how seriously some people take it. I worked the national championships a couple of years ago and there were nearly fights over some placements.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

You'd be surprised how seriously some people take it. I worked the national championships a couple of years ago and there were nearly fights over some placements.

oh I know, I've watched some of the tourneys.  growing up in the early aughts in Michigan the game was huge.  we'd play pretty much every single day in the summer.  in those days I was in such great shape I'd usually run from shot to shot. god to have 20 year old knees again.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

oh I know, I've watched some of the tourneys.  growing up in the early aughts in Michigan the game was huge.  we'd play pretty much every single day in the summer.  in those days I was in such great shape I'd usually run from shot to shot. god to have 20 year old knees again.

No doubt. After tearing my PCL 35 years ago, I finally gave in and had surgery 2 weeks ago. We'll see how it turns out and if this PT stuff is any good. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

ultimate is a lot of fun as well. there is something about a perfectly thrown disc that is quite satisfying.

Had a guy detach a retina during an ultimate tournament. The only one I've ever seen. He came to me with an eye issue after getting poked. I told him his contact was out of place. He said he didn't wear contacts. OOps.

Just now, ptatc said:

No doubt. After tearing my PCL 35 years ago, I finally gave in and had surgery 2 weeks ago. We'll see how it turns out and if this PT stuff is any good. 

Good luck, get one of those scraping tools for the scar area, I feel those things work pretty well, placebo effect if nothing else.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Bunch of good-for-nothing snake oil salesman. I'd trust a dollar store chiropractor before a PT.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Good luck, get one of those scraping tools for the scar area, I feel those things work pretty well, placebo effect if nothing else.

They do work. This was just a scope so the incisions are very small and didn't scar. There still aren't good procedures to reapir PCLs so I had a procedure to remove torn meniscus, microfracture and STEM cells with PRP to try to put off a hemiarthroplasty.

Just now, ptatc said:

They do work. This was just a scope so the incisions are very small and didn't scar. There still aren't good procedures to reapir PCLs so I had a procedure to remove torn meniscus, microfracture and STEM cells with PRP to try to put off a hemiarthroplasty.

oh wow they gave you the good shit.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Bunch of good-for-nothing snake oil salesman. I'd trust a dollar store chiropractor before a PT.

wow, knowledge of the PT/chiro squabbles. I still have a hard time with students with that.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

wow, knowledge of the PT/chiro squabbles. I still have a hard time with students with that.

Haha I had no idea tbh, was just joking. I figured that chiropractors get more flak. I feel the general consensus is you can run into more bogus chiropractors in comparison to PTs or orthopedic doctors, etc. I'm assuming the education differs from your tradition doctors and PTs. 

After seeing videos of the Y-strap adjustment, I'm scared off from Chiros. I know all aren't like that, though. 

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Haha I had no idea tbh, was just joking. I figured that chiropractors get more flak. I feel the general consensus is you can run into more bogus chiropractors in comparison to PTs or orthopedic doctors, etc. I'm assuming the education differs from your tradition doctors and PTs. 

After seeing videos of the Y-strap adjustment, I'm scared off from Chiros. I know all aren't like that, though. 

It's more of a philosophical difference on interventions but that leads to the education difference as well. But you're right about it being individualistic though.

8 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Agreed, I'm sure there are some decent ones, the last one I had I swear printed my rehab routine off of google 

We do use programs to print exercises for patients.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

We do use programs to print exercises for patients.

For my back, I got a list of exercises which was a mixture of yoga poses and resistance band exercises for my glute/hip area. My issue was that I was told to do the entire list twice a day, everyday, and it took about 30 minutes to do each time. I never stuck with it. 

Why is it you can work your glutes twice a day, every day with resistance bands but you'd normally want at least a day off when you're lifting weights for other muscles? Just because resistance bands aren't that intense and your glutes are used to working all the time?

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

For my back, I got a list of exercises which was a mixture of yoga poses and resistance band exercises for my glute/hip area. My issue was that I was told to do the entire list twice a day, everyday, and it took about 30 minutes to do each time. I never stuck with it. 

Why is it you can work your glutes twice a day, every day with resistance bands but you'd normally want at least a day off when you're lifting weights for other muscles? Just because resistance bands aren't that intense and your glutes are used to working all the time?

Yeah that's one of the arts of rehab, how many exercises to give a patient that they will complete them appropriately. 

Exactly, resistance bands aren't all about strength. They are more about muscle control. They are intense strengthening. Your glutes are the most important muscles in the body as they connect your spine to the lower extremity train. They control the position of the pelvis in closed chain activities. It about control not pure strength.  And control needs many more reps for learning the so called muscle memory. 

Edited by ptatc