Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Dylan Cease, 2 sport athlete

Recommended Posts

Let’s see him do it without sticky stuff

  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

lol, disc golf. a great excuse to walk around the woods and get stoned.

You'd be surprised how seriously some people take it. I worked the national championships a couple of years ago and there were nearly fights over some placements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ptatc said:

You'd be surprised how seriously some people take it. I worked the national championships a couple of years ago and there were nearly fights over some placements.

oh I know, I've watched some of the tourneys.  growing up in the early aughts in Michigan the game was huge.  we'd play pretty much every single day in the summer.  in those days I was in such great shape I'd usually run from shot to shot. god to have 20 year old knees again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played a lot of ultimate in college, and do miss it.  Never got as much into the golf, but these guys are crazy skilled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, fathom said:

Let’s see him do it without sticky stuff

 :notworthy

Edited by ron883

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I played a lot of ultimate in college, and do miss it.  Never got as much into the golf, but these guys are crazy skilled.

ultimate is a lot of fun as well. there is something about a perfectly thrown disc that is quite satisfying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

oh I know, I've watched some of the tourneys.  growing up in the early aughts in Michigan the game was huge.  we'd play pretty much every single day in the summer.  in those days I was in such great shape I'd usually run from shot to shot. god to have 20 year old knees again.

No doubt. After tearing my PCL 35 years ago, I finally gave in and had surgery 2 weeks ago. We'll see how it turns out and if this PT stuff is any good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

ultimate is a lot of fun as well. there is something about a perfectly thrown disc that is quite satisfying.

Had a guy detach a retina during an ultimate tournament. The only one I've ever seen. He came to me with an eye issue after getting poked. I told him his contact was out of place. He said he didn't wear contacts. OOps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

No doubt. After tearing my PCL 35 years ago, I finally gave in and had surgery 2 weeks ago. We'll see how it turns out and if this PT stuff is any good. 

Good luck, get one of those scraping tools for the scar area, I feel those things work pretty well, placebo effect if nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

No doubt. After tearing my PCL 35 years ago, I finally gave in and had surgery 2 weeks ago. We'll see how it turns out and if this PT stuff is any good. 

Bunch of good-for-nothing snake oil salesman. I'd trust a dollar store chiropractor before a PT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Good luck, get one of those scraping tools for the scar area, I feel those things work pretty well, placebo effect if nothing else.

They do work. This was just a scope so the incisions are very small and didn't scar. There still aren't good procedures to reapir PCLs so I had a procedure to remove torn meniscus, microfracture and STEM cells with PRP to try to put off a hemiarthroplasty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

They do work. This was just a scope so the incisions are very small and didn't scar. There still aren't good procedures to reapir PCLs so I had a procedure to remove torn meniscus, microfracture and STEM cells with PRP to try to put off a hemiarthroplasty.

oh wow they gave you the good shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Bunch of good-for-nothing snake oil salesman. I'd trust a dollar store chiropractor before a PT.

wow, knowledge of the PT/chiro squabbles. I still have a hard time with students with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

oh wow they gave you the good shit.

Let's hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

wow, knowledge of the PT/chiro squabbles. I still have a hard time with students with that.

Haha I had no idea tbh, was just joking. I figured that chiropractors get more flak. I feel the general consensus is you can run into more bogus chiropractors in comparison to PTs or orthopedic doctors, etc. I'm assuming the education differs from your tradition doctors and PTs. 

After seeing videos of the Y-strap adjustment, I'm scared off from Chiros. I know all aren't like that, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played for my first time this past Sunday. I sucked but it was pretty fun.... other than being in FL in July (hot, humid, wet/muddy field and bugs.

 

Will play again in the "winter" though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Haha I had no idea tbh, was just joking. I figured that chiropractors get more flak. I feel the general consensus is you can run into more bogus chiropractors in comparison to PTs or orthopedic doctors, etc. I'm assuming the education differs from your tradition doctors and PTs. 

After seeing videos of the Y-strap adjustment, I'm scared off from Chiros. I know all aren't like that, though. 

It's more of a philosophical difference on interventions but that leads to the education difference as well. But you're right about it being individualistic though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Bunch of good-for-nothing snake oil salesman. I'd trust a dollar store chiropractor before a PT.

Agreed, I'm sure there are some decent ones, the last one I had I swear printed my rehab routine off of google 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Agreed, I'm sure there are some decent ones, the last one I had I swear printed my rehab routine off of google 

We do use programs to print exercises for patients.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play a couple times a day- it’s a great sport. You can finish nine holes in twenty minutes. Cease actually throws the disc around Sox park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ptatc said:

We do use programs to print exercises for patients.

For my back, I got a list of exercises which was a mixture of yoga poses and resistance band exercises for my glute/hip area. My issue was that I was told to do the entire list twice a day, everyday, and it took about 30 minutes to do each time. I never stuck with it. 

Why is it you can work your glutes twice a day, every day with resistance bands but you'd normally want at least a day off when you're lifting weights for other muscles? Just because resistance bands aren't that intense and your glutes are used to working all the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ron883 said:

For my back, I got a list of exercises which was a mixture of yoga poses and resistance band exercises for my glute/hip area. My issue was that I was told to do the entire list twice a day, everyday, and it took about 30 minutes to do each time. I never stuck with it. 

Why is it you can work your glutes twice a day, every day with resistance bands but you'd normally want at least a day off when you're lifting weights for other muscles? Just because resistance bands aren't that intense and your glutes are used to working all the time?

Yeah that's one of the arts of rehab, how many exercises to give a patient that they will complete them appropriately. 

Exactly, resistance bands aren't all about strength. They are more about muscle control. They are intense strengthening. Your glutes are the most important muscles in the body as they connect your spine to the lower extremity train. They control the position of the pelvis in closed chain activities. It about control not pure strength.  And control needs many more reps for learning the so called muscle memory. 

Edited by ptatc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×