ReyLo skipped at AAA: Spot start? Hug watch? stayed tuned

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Why would he be skipped if the spot start is 5 days away? He can just pitch and be on normal rest for Monday. 

That's why I was wondering about Hug Watch.  Seems weird that he would just take his next start on schedule if he started in the DH.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

That's why I was wondering about Hug Watch.  Seems weird that he would just take his next start on schedule if he started in the DH.

Well now my second question is...who the hell would want Reylo in a trade? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Why would he be skipped if the spot start is 5 days away? He can just pitch and be on normal rest for Monday. 

Totally wondering the same thing. He easily could play tonight and make a start Monday. I’d be pretty shocked if he was involved in a deal, I can’t imagine he has much of any trade value right now.

1-6 with an ERA approaching 8 in AAA.  I don't know which is more likely between spot starting or being traded.  Both seem...unlikely.  The Sox have better choices to spot start, right?  But then, who would want Lopez in a trade?

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I could see someone wanting to take a chance on fixing him.  You can't teach that arm.

I suppose I could see that.  If he is being traded, he's most likely part of a package, I would assume.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

1-6 with an ERA approaching 8 in AAA.  I don't know which is more likely between spot starting or being traded.  Both seem...unlikely.  The Sox have better choices to spot start, right?  But then, who would want Lopez in a trade?

I don’t know what his velocity has been, but a team salary dumping may want to take a look. He is talented when healthy.

Just now, hogan873 said:

I suppose I could see that.  If he is being traded, he's most likely part of a package, I would assume.

Or an expiring contract.  Someone like Arizona taking a chance on him for Escobar maybe?  Or he could be a 2nd or 3rd piece in a bigger deal.

5 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

My god, I had no idea it was this bad. That's insane how much he's fallen off, and you would think most of that is on him and in his head. Clearly he didn't use a demotion to AAA as any sort of motivator. 

It also sends a bad message by the Sox if Lopez is the best option they have in AAA for a spot start...

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Why in the hell would Reynaldo start a game for us coming out of the break when every pitcher on the roster is rested and we have a spot starter already on the team in Michael Kopech?

Hoping this is a trade. He has very little trade value but like others have said, could make sense as a 3rd piece in a trade.

• Like 1

Just now, KrankinSox said:

Why in the hell would Reynaldo start a game for us coming out of the break when every pitcher on the roster is rested and we have a spot starter already on the team in Michael Kopech?

Hoping this is a trade. He has very little trade value but like others have said, could make sense as a 3rd piece in a trade.

That's the thing.  We are talking about a game on the 19th.  He could start today and still be on schedule to come up and spot start.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, heirdog said:

With the ASB, couldn't they just do a bullpen day for one of the 7 inning DH games?  Most of the guys are well rested with the break.

Plus they already have Kopech who has excelled as a starter in the previous DH games.

This should be something other than a spot start. Whether it be he's a part of a trade or DFA'd to make room for an acquisition. I just hope it's not result of an injury.

Lambert went 1 inning his last time out. Stiever has not been having great success so it's not as if the Sox are flush with starting options.

Should add Lopez is coming off his best start of the year. Perhaps he swayed a scout that was there to see him on Friday?

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

My god, I had no idea it was this bad. That's insane how much he's fallen off, and you would think most of that is on him and in his head. Clearly he didn't use a demotion to AAA as any sort of motivator. 

It also sends a bad message by the Sox if Lopez is the best option they have in AAA for a spot start...

I guess the only guy Katz couldn't fix is Lopez.

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Should add Lopez is coming off his best start of the year. Perhaps he swayed a scout that was there to see him on Friday?

That would be fantastic and the ultimate sell high...and then we don't have to worry about a 40 man crunch for the trade target if its Lopez + lower level prospect