ReyLo skipped at AAA: Spot start? Hug watch? stayed tuned

southsider2k5

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Jake Arrietta was awful until he wasn’t now is again. Dylan Bundy was awful until he wasn’t, and has also returned to awful. But taking a shot on guys like Lopez is what teams dumping salaries do.

The guy doesn't even really have a good arm at this point. Theres nothing to fix. Hes just bad.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, heirdog said:

The tweet also says "healthy scratch" so if we remove injury and spot start, then it has to be a trade.  Either he is being traded or being removed from the 40-man to accommodate a trade target onto the 40-man

Anything other than spot start works for me.

9 minutes ago, heirdog said:

The tweet also says "healthy scratch" so if we remove injury and spot start, then it has to be a trade.  Either he is being traded or being removed from the 40-man to accommodate a trade target onto the 40-man

Unless he was waved today, there is no reason to protect him to remove him from the 40.

13 minutes ago, heirdog said:

Even if he’s being DFAd, doesn’t mean he needs to be scratched. He can pitch in AAA even if there an an impending DFA no?

2 minutes ago, y2chae said:

Can't imagine a guy with a 7 ERA in AAA would be used in a spot start.  I assume the Monday DH would go to Lambert who is performing well in Charlotte. 

Lamber was removed after 1 inning yesterday fwiw. 

19 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Or an expiring contract.  Someone like Arizona taking a chance on him for Escobar maybe?  Or he could be a 2nd or 3rd piece in a bigger deal.

I actually used Lopez in my imaginary trade with TX for Gallo. Supposedly they want MLB ready arms. Take that FWIW . The trade I proposed was Burger , Stiever and a multitude of choices for a 3rd piece including Lopez but not a valuable 3rd piece . Lopez would be a flyer but we got flyers in the  Quintana /Eloy/Cease trade and another 2 in the Sale trade . People might disagree that Basabe was a flyer.

I mean I see people here asking If Crochet plus Burger plus any one of Kelley/Thompson /Dahlquist would be enough and I'm shocked when I see that stuff. Maybe they under rate our prospects or I over rate them. It's not like Gallo has 2+ years left before becoming a FA. You get him for 1.4 years and someone thinks Crochet and Burger and another one of our top 10 might not be enough ? He isn't Chris Sale with 3 full years left and one of the most dominant starting pitchers in the sport. He's barely more than a rental.

Hell people here seem Ok with just throwing Engel in RF with Goodwin and going with that. I don't know if it's because of Gallo's ridiculously high perceived cost or if they truly think Gallo over Engel wouldn't be much of a difference. Of course we heard the same from people about Mendick at 2nd when Madrigal went down.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I believe the Sox have a rule in place for pitchers that if they exceed a certain number of pitches in 1 inning they are removed. Lambert had 39 yesterday.

Seems like a good rule...talk about someone who has nothing.

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I actually used Lopez in my imaginary trade with TX for Gallo. Supposedly they want MLB ready arms. Take that FWIW . The trade I proposed was Burger , Stiever and a multitude of choices for a 3rd piece including Lopez but not a valuable 3rd piece . Lopez would be a flyer but we got flyers in the  Quintana /Eloy/Cease trade and another 2 in the Sale trade . People might disagree that Basabe was a flyer.

I mean I see people here asking If Crochet plus Burger plus any one of Kelley/Thompson /Dahlquist would be enough and I'm shocked when I see that stuff. Maybe they under rate our prospects or I over rate them. It's not like Gallo has 2+ years left before becoming a FA. You get him for 1.4 years and someone thinks Crochet and Burger and another one of our top 10 might not be enough ? He isn't Chris Sale with 3 full years left and one of the most dominant starting pitchers in the sport. He's barely more than a rental.

Hell people here seem Ok with just throwing Engel in RF with Goodwin and going with that. I don't know if it's because of Gallo's ridiculously high perceived cost or if they truly think Gallo over Engel wouldn't be much of a difference. Of course we heard the same from people about Mendick at 2nd when Madrigal went down.

I think Engel's 12 homers over his last 200 at bats and plus speed and plus defensive are intriguing because he doesn't cost anything.  But as you have pointed other in an earlier post...we have babied Engel and put him in highly favorable pitching matchups...so you can't just extrapolate with an expanded role.  Gallo gives you 40 homer power, lots of walks plus defensive and a lefty bat and fairly cheap for the next year and a half.  I would be super excited about that...but not at any price.   I don't really want to give up Crochet.  He seems too obviously special.  If you can get him for Burger (talk about playing with house money), Lopez and Kelly I think that would be fair...maybe through in Elijiah Tatis as a wild card.   Then start clearing a place on the mantelpiece for the WS trophies the next two years.     

26 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Good god man you are def not happy with the current state of the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Good god man you are def not happy with the current state of the team.

Everyone here wants to be better than we are now otherwise we wouldn't have a whole section devoted to speculating about trades. Would you be happy if the Sox did nothing at the trade deadline ? If you can answer yes to that then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Everyone here wants to be better than we are now otherwise we wouldn't have a whole section devoted to speculating about trades. Would you be happy if the Sox did nothing at the trade deadline ? If you can answer yes to that then I don't know what to tell you.

I just waded into this thread to see you derailing it with 500 more words about how not bothered you are about the Sox.  Hey, I respect the passion but just say you're not happy with the club and are demanding excellence!

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1
  • Love 1