ReyLo skipped at AAA: Spot start? Hug watch? stayed tuned

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just waded into this thread to see you derailing it with 500 more words about how not bothered you are about the Sox.  Hey, I respect the passion but just say you're not happy with the club and are demanding excellence!

I'm just curious. What is your stance? Do you think that this team, as constructed, with the pending return of Eloy and Robert, are all set to go deep into the play offs?

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just waded into this thread to see you derailing it with 500 more words about how not bothered you are about the Sox.  Hey, I respect the passion but just say you're not happy with the club and are demanding excellence!

I'm in no position to demand anything. I am speculating about trades the same as everyone else. How you perceive my passion as different from anyone elses is just silly. The main point of what I wrote is Lopez could be used in a trade for Gallo and that I don't expect Gallo to cost as much as other posters do. Pretty simple. The thread was about Lopez and I talked about Lopez so not derailing. Maybe you are unhappy because you thought Mendick was just fine as a replacement for Madrigal and I touched a nerve.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

I'm just curious. What is your stance? Do you think that this team, as constructed, with the pending return of Eloy and Robert, are all set to go deep into the play offs?

I already asked him if he wants the Sox to do nothing and he didn't bother answering that question.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I already asked him if he wants the Sox to do nothing and he didn't bother answering that question.

I must admit that I'm a little perplexed by those who seem to object to suggestions about how to improve this roster. I guess they should register their complaints with Rick Hahn, as he readily admits that he never stops trying to improve the team.

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I literally just prior to that, posted in the area of the forum it belongs that I hope the Sox upgrade 2B.  

Edited by chitownsportsfan

35 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

that guy Jeff Cohen on twitter that broke this news comes across as a fucking idiot imo.

He's our Charlotte Knights correspondent for FutureSox and he works his ass off. Why are you such a fucking tool on here so often? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Love 2
  • Fire 8

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

He's our Charlotte Knights correspondent for FutureSox and he works his ass off. Why are you such a fucking tool on here so often? 

good lord.  I guess next time I think someone is an idiot I'll just have to consider who they work for as to not offend anybody! I've only said a million fucking times here how much I appreciate the work Future Sox does and often times I'm one of the only fucking people bothering to give some nice forum stickers to the Future Sox updates.

People see what they want to see, including about my posting.  Says more about them than myself.

I read about 30 tweets from that guy and I thought he was a fucking idiot. his description of Yermin's BP for example.  Like, has the guy ever taken BP in any high level setting?  You're not exactly "swinging all out" or even swinging to make great contact at all times.  

love Futuresox tho.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

good lord.  I guess next time I think someone is an idiot I'll just have to consider who they work for as to not offend anybody! I've only said a million fucking times here how much I appreciate the work Future Sox does and often times I'm one of the only fucking people bothering to give some nice forum stickers to the Future Sox updates.

People see what they want to see, including about my posting.  Says more about them than myself.

I read about 30 tweets from that guy and I thought he was a fucking idiot. his description of Yermin's BP for example.  Like, has the guy ever taken BP in any high level setting?  You're not exactly "swinging all out" or even swinging to make great contact at all times.  

love Futuresox tho.

If you'd like to head down to Charlotte on a nightly basis and cover the team for us instead for free, have at it man. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 3

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

love Futuresox tho.

Well, that’s par for the course with people trying to burnish their credentials to get a paying shot somewhere.  Like an internship…tend to be over exuberant and over analyzing the littlest things like BP or running to first or just 30-50 yard times in flats.

When you have limited material to work with (think Robert videos when he was signing, there was concern about his playing CF for example)…that said, when you cover a team for at least 142 games or at least all the home games and follow video or radio for the road you should get a better idea how to assess simply by talking to the team’s coaches and scouts.  Really no point to even watch BP unless working on a specific skill or returning from let’s say an oblique injury.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, that’s par for the course with people trying to burnish their credentials to get a paying shot somewhere.  Like an internship…tend to be over exuberant and over analyzing the littlest things like BP or running to first or just 30-50 yard times in flats.

When you have limited material to work with (think Robert videos when he was signing, there was concern about his playing CF for example)…that said, when you cover a team for at least 142 games or at least all the home games and follow video or radio for the road you should get a better idea how to assess simply by talking to the team’s coaches and scouts.  Really no point to even watch BP unless working on a specific skill or returning from let’s say an oblique injury.

I was overly harsh on the guy and apologize to him and his colleagues here. Your response said everything for me.   I just have strong thoughts on Sox baseball and sometimes get a bit carried away.

I really wonder what happened to Lopez? In 2017 and 18 his stuff was better than Giolito"s. And many people - some here at soxtalk-  thought he would be better than Gio. Was it mental? Did his arm go bad? Sad to see such a talent go  so bad.