ReyLo skipped at AAA: Spot start? Hug watch? stayed tuned

southsider2k5

16 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Adolfo and Lopez for Escobar would be a nice trade for the Sox.  And, who knows, maybe AZ could get something out of Lopez and just give Adolfo a shot at the MLB level.

It'll be interesting to see if anything develops from these...developments.

We’re only two weeks away from the deadline, so it’s very possible we start seeing some action soon.  And I don’t anticipate the D-Backs holding a guy like Escobar to the deadline if they can get a reasonable return, especially when he’s been dealing with an injury.

Just now, manbearpuig said:

Wish they would have tried this at AAA first though.

He needed innings, plus didn't he have some sort of eye procedure that knocked him out a few weeks? He probably can't be worse than Foster for the most part, and is coming off his best effort. 

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

He wouldn't be the first guy awful as a starter who became nails in the bullpen. 

I think I was advocating for this as Rodon's roll to start the year, hoping to find the next Pomeranz. Clearly didn't remember the last time he was thrown in relief, and I'm glad the Sox didn't try to do it in retrospect, given what we have in Rodon now.

Anyway, maybe Lopez can be our Pomeranz!

I could be wrong but this feels like a "showcase" situation.  Let's face it, Lopez' trade value is non-existent right now. His record and ERA at AAA are abysmal.  My guess is we have him on the roster for 2 weeks and hope he pitches well enough in long/mid relief to get a team intrigued enough to take a flyer on him as a throw in on a trade.  If that doesn't happen by July 30, we DFA him and move on.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong.. 

4 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I could be wrong but this feels like a "showcase" situation.  Let's face it, Lopez' trade value is non-existent right now. His record and ERA at AAA are abysmal.  My guess is we have him on the roster for 2 weeks and hope he pitches well enough in long/mid relief to get a team intrigued enough to take a flyer on him as a throw in on a trade.  If that doesn't happen by July 30, we DFA him and move on.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong.. 

Trade him for a bag of balls.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

He wouldn't be the first guy awful as a starter who became nails in the bullpen. 

Nothing to lose if used in the right spots...meaning blowouts.  Might create a little value out of nothing.  RH probably wants to find out if he has anything worth keeping him on the 40 man roster.