Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

ReyLo skipped at AAA: Spot start? Hug watch? stayed tuned

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Well,  not really.  Lopez didn't pitch 

Hopefully, it doesn't turn out to be a family issue or something of that nature.

22 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

This is kind of relevant to this thread so figured I'd share. No word on the doubleheader yet.

Hmmm. Why didn’t Carlos pitch on Tue then? Lame

Cease's disc golf game must have impressed TLR.

• Haha 1

Well tangentially related, Tomshaw was released after last nights start covering for Reylo.  

1 hour ago, KrankinSox said:

This is kind of relevant to this thread so figured I'd share. No word on the doubleheader yet.

This lines Rodon up to pitch next Saturday in Milwaukee when I'm there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

This lines Rodon up to pitch next Saturday in Milwaukee when I'm there.

Fuck yeah, same.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Still doesn't make any sense for a spot start.  He can start Wednesday, and then again on Monday on regular rest.  I would think the Sox would prefer him on regular rest than 9 days of rest.  

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Still doesn't make any sense for a spot start.  He can start Wednesday, and then again on Monday on regular rest.  I would think the Sox would prefer him on regular rest than 9 days of rest.  

I agree with you. I think a trade possibly makes more sense here but what do I know. Oh but wait, @manbearpuig and others think I’m one of the foodies or NSC so does that make me an official fake insider now?  Oh and can I guess, he’s going to quote this comment very soon. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

I agree with you. I think a trade possibly makes more sense here but what do I know. Oh but wait, @manbearpuig and others think I’m one of the foodies or NSC so does that make me an official fake insider now?  Oh and can I guess, he’s going to quote this comment very soon. Lol

You could be a foodie. Just call it Maloney's Baloney.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You could be a foodie. Just call it Maloney's Baloney.

Good one. I like it! 😂

Edited by maloney.adam

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

I dunno. You deny it pretty hard in every post, and I've seen you edit this post of yours 4 times so far. Seems suspicious. 

• Like 1

So do we want to add to this speculation? Micker Adolfo is not playing for the Barons tonight...

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

So do we want to add to this speculation? Micker Adolfo is not playing for the Barons tonight...

👀

Edit: no my eyeball emojis don't mean I know something. This is just an interesting development.

Edited by KrankinSox

16 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He'd be a big piece the Sox wouldn't mind moving being out of options next year.

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

So just for the sake of conversation, what would a package of Adolfo and Lopez bring in return?

Both players only have value if they're on an MLB roster next season so it's got to be an absolute garbage team that is hoping at least one of them can stick in MLB, but it's not enough for a guy like Frazier or Gallo.  I'm thinking, if these guys are in fact part of a trade, it's to COL or AZ.

8 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

So just for the sake of conversation, what would a package of Adolfo and Lopez bring in return?

Escobar 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Escobar 

Agree. I think it could net us Escobar.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

Escobar 

28 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

That would simply be a no brainer for the Sox. ReyLo is most likely done for, and Adolfo needs to be on a major league roster next year but is definitely not ready for it. I think they'd be looking for a different type of piece, personally. 

37 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Considering Bryce Ball just got Pederson, Adolfo should definitely be enough to get Escobar. Although being out of options might be a tough sell to a team considering he's still only in AA.

42 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Considering Bryce Ball just got Pederson, Adolfo should definitely be enough to get Escobar. Although being out of options might be a tough sell to a team considering he's still only in AA.

Because Arizona definitely will need a veteran in that big league roster spot next year to compete in that division, after all the other teams aren’t that good right?

Frankly, Arizona is a perfect spot. He could play on the big league roster all year and even if he struggles, what have they lost? Improved their draft pick.

I would be fine with Adolfo for Escobar. Adolfo unfortunately, thanks to terrible luck with injuries, has no future with the Sox and Lopez is like 8th on the SP depth chart.

10 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I’d think that’s enough for Escobar, but probably not enough for Story.

Adolfo and Lopez for Escobar would be a nice trade for the Sox.  And, who knows, maybe AZ could get something out of Lopez and just give Adolfo a shot at the MLB level.

It'll be interesting to see if anything develops from these...developments.