Upper Level

BigHurt3515

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am going to guess the Sox are no different than anyone else in that they can't find someone to work their crappy minimum wage jobs, especially ones that are so part time and unpredictable. 

It’s been like this for years, exacerbated by the security changes in 2018(?)

45 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Im going to my first game since 2008ish on July 31st (i dont live near Illinois), when should I get to the game? Its a 6pm start

I would get there at 5, go to chisox bar and grill and just bail as soon as the line looks like it's filling out.

Sucks they removed the entrance within the bar and grill, that was a nice little gem.

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Yup, it has been absolutely awful. I made sure to get there as the parking lots opened yesterday because the last game I went to I was outside the park an hour before the game and STILL missed first pitch.

The lines on the 100 level for food are ridiculous as well. Over an inning to get food or a beer?? Still no aisle vendors???

Sox really have to get their shit together.

Mega very slow moving  lines to get in / and waiting for concessions inside the stadium are far more conducive to transmitting COVID than having vendors work the game and accepting cash.

The city's / teams policies are making it worse (banned paper tickets, banned cash, many turned away with any bag larger than a thimble, banned cash accepting vendors - the portable credit card machines don't work well/at all), Gestapo security tactics in the stands of Comiskey.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

A lot of people are making more money staying home than returning to their jobs.  I went out to dinner for the first time in two years on Wednesday night and the experience was horrible.  The poor waitress was running her butt off trying to cover too may tables.  

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

For anyone that is going, try to go to Gate 5!!! Like I said earlier, it took less than 2 minutes to get into the game when we decided to go over there instead of that huge line. 

While staffing is also concerned, the 1-2 minutes to process each credit card (longer using mobile machines, assuming they are working) vs. a 30 second cash transaction is the primary reason for delays inside.

The enhanced security, ban on paper tickets and additional restrictions on bag size have increased the time it takes to get into the park.