7/15 Games

BamaDoc

Pilkington with 58 Ks to 51 IP, 0.97 WHIP., 0.175 BAA. He's 23, so it's not like he's too old for AA. Has he put himself on the map as a legitimate prospect this year? His stuff always seemed underwhelming from reports. Impressive numbers. 

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Pilkington with 58 Ks to 51 IP, 0.97 WHIP., 0.175 BAA. He's 23, so it's not like he's too old for AA. Has he put himself on the map as a legitimate prospect this year? His stuff always seemed underwhelming from reports. Impressive numbers. 

Yeah Fastball has been 93-94. He's a guy again. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah Fastball has been 93-94. He's a guy again. 

Hell yeah, thanks for the update Jimmy. I found this article from South Side Sox. Don't know much about the author (he writes for Southside Sox, hosts the Locked On Brewers podcast, and seems to follow the braves system as well. This dude follows many teams apparently), but he says Pilkington has a plus-plus changeup. Great to hear he is doing so well. 

https://www.southsidesox.com/2021/6/22/22536031/konnor-pilkington-white-sox-the-best-pitching-prospect-nobody-is-talking-about

14 hours ago, fathom said:

No Adolfo tonight.  I’m sure it’s a rest day.....but?

They should bring him up to AAA at this point. Time is of the essence with his lack of options.

14 hours ago, ron883 said:

Of course he was 4 up 4 down when the game got bagged yesterday. I am not giving up on Lambert (still so close to TJ and such a weird recovery) or Stiever but the Sox need some depth for the rotation so hopefully Pilkington continues to develop. I imagine one of Lambert/Stiever gets moved this month too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

More of the same at Kanny...

Ramos getting his walks, Krogman walking and K'ing, Mendoza keeps getting his.

Is Ramos capable in the field? Huge difference to his prospect status vs. if he can only DH

17 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Is Ramos capable in the field? Huge difference to his prospect status vs. if he can only DH

Haven't seen him enough to speak to it. Looking ahead, the Sox hand is kind of forced to make some judgement on Ramos and others in A ball.

I imagine the Sox send Montgomery/Kath to play the left side of the infield in the ACL at least to start but they'll be in Kanny eventually and I imagine the Sox anticipate bringing them through the system together as the left side of the infield if at all possible. There is going to be some movement soon. I am interested in seeing how the Sox handle all of Yolbert Sanchez/Ramos/Rodriguez/Sosa/Gladney when Montgomery/Kath come along. Should be some good insight in who the Sox are prioritizing. 

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

My guess is that his defense is ahead of his offense at this point. This is pure speculation on my part, but, playing low A ball, they’ll let you kick the ball all over the infield as a defender if you really need the reps. By them playing him at DH frequently, I’d guess they’re not super concerned about his fielding ability. 

An alternative theory is that he is having some issues with his throwing arm and they just want to rest it. 

Again, I’m just speculating.