GT 7/16: HOU @ SOX, 7:10

Just now, KrankinSox said:

Everyone saying we will lose to the Astros in the playoffs does realize that by then we will have Eloy, Robert, Grandal, and a trade acquisition at 2B, right?

That's half the lineup being upgraded with all stars

The Astros will get healthy too. And have won a ton of playoff series already. Should be fun but the money will be on the Stros this year. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

The Astros will get healthy too. And have won a ton of playoff series already. Should be fun but the money will be on the Stros this year. 

Fair but tonight's ass offense is not the same team that will be on the field. Tonight has nothing to do with how we will play in October.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrankinSox said:

Fair but tonight's ass offense is not the same team that will be on the field. Tonight has nothing to do with how we will play in October.

Preach. I think this game is tighter if Rodon started it too. Ace vs Ace 

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Everyone saying we will lose to the Astros in the playoffs does realize that by then we will have Eloy, Robert, Grandal, and a trade acquisition at 2B, right?

Will you bet that there will be no more major injuries on the White Sox this year?

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

that can't be right.. doesn't the #1 seed play the wild card team.. which currently we have the best record?

Not if they are in the same division. The Red Sox can’t play the Rays in the ALDS. Similarly, Houston can’t play the As. 

edit: technically, pending this result, all 3 teams are tied.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Bet you game 1 would be Rodon @ Greinke.

That would be ideal. Guys like McCullers and Garcia who have good stuff and good command are who the Sox struggle with the most. I'd feel good about a healthy version of this lineup taking on Greinke.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Not if they are in the same division. The Red Sox can’t play the Rays in the ALDS. Similarly, Houston can’t play the As. 

I think that rule changed with the addition of the second WC. I remember the Red Sox and Yankees playing in the ALDS a few years ago.

edit - The Astros & A'S also played in the ALDS least year, I believe.

Edited by maxjusttyped

10 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I agree with you but there is no denying that the Astros are very good.  I fear them more than any other team.