GT 7/16: HOU @ SOX, 7:10

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's always how it is with Bummer. Choppers that bounce over people's heads, little dribblers , seeing eyes hits and he doesn't help his cause by being wild.

Houston's been on the verge of breaking this game open for the last few innings.

And there it is.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Leury’s play tonight has been awful.  Reinforces the case that we need a second baseman even if it is a rental. Story, Escobar?

I'm not sure that they can really do anything to make them be competitive in the AL playoffs. They don't have the horses. 

The Astros had a ton of injuries last year and played .500 baseball for 2 months. They got healthy in the playoffs and made the ALCS. At least the Sox are able to slay bad teams without their A lineup. If Eloy, Robert, & Grandal weren't likely to all return then I think the concerns would be more warranted.

Just now, harkness99 said:

how many times have they brought ruiz in when it was relatively close and he blows it open.

i mean this game was probably over anyways because we cant score.. but ruiz in high lev situations needs to be done with period.

Who else do you go to there?  Lopez?  Crochet?  Kopech?   Isn’t Michael starting Monday? 

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

how many times have they brought ruiz in when it was relatively close and he blows it open.

i mean this game was probably over anyways because we cant score.. but ruiz in high lev situations needs to be done with period.

And the rest of the BP is faring much better in high leverage ?

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not sure that they can really do anything to make them be competitive in the AL playoffs. They don't have the horses. 

There's still time to sell Lynn and Rodon. Looks what a crappy player like Joc got. Lynn and Rodon can net at least a top 100 guy, each