Bummer activated, ReyLo called up; Fry, Foster to Charlotte

maloney.adam

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Fry looked good until they try to extend him. Foster has sucked all year,  but seemed a little better lately. 

With the way TLR uses Foster he was not even worth the roster spot. He was used so sparingly I am okay with having Lopez ready in case Cease/Gio get pounded or something goes awry in Monday's DH. 

19 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

Is Lopez a for sure?  I don't see his name in the transactions log. 

He's in Chicago with the team but you're right that he's the only part of this 4 player set of transactions that isn't official. Makes me wonder if Lopez is a contingency and the Sox are close to acquiring the reliever they will surely bring in this month. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bummer being back and Dominant is one of the most important parts of the 2nd half and WS aspirations. If Bummer/Crochet are what they can be in the playoffs this team is one RH setup man from absolutely being shut down. I still fully expect Kopech to move to starting rotation for playoffs. 

Playoffs Pitching Option 1
Lynn / Rodon / Giolito / Kopech
9th Hendriks
8th Bummer / RH trade
7th Crochet / RH Trade
6th Hauer / Ruiz
Longman - Cease

Playoffs Pitching Option 2
Lynn / Rodon / Giolito / Keuchel
9th Hendriks
8th Bummer / Kopech
7th Kopech / Crochet
6th Hauer / Ruiz
Longman - Cease

Which do you prefer? 

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Don’t understand the Lopez move, but there has to be more to the story, and they are doing it with a specific reason in mind. 

It makes sense if they want a long relief multiple inning guy. They weren't using Foster much and he wasn't going to be longer relief type. I don't imagine he'll be used much just like Foster.

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It makes sense if they want a long relief multiple inning guy. They weren't using Foster much and he wasn't going to be longer relief type. I don't imagine he'll be used much just like Foster.

I sure hope not……he’s a terrible pitcher. 

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

Bummer being back and Dominant is one of the most important parts of the 2nd half and WS aspirations. If Bummer/Crochet are what they can be in the playoffs this team is one RH setup man from absolutely being shut down. I still fully expect Kopech to move to starting rotation for playoffs. 

Playoffs Pitching Option 1
Lynn / Rodon / Giolito / Kopech
9th Hendriks
8th Bummer / RH trade
7th Crochet / RH Trade
6th Hauer / Ruiz
Longman - Cease

Playoffs Pitching Option 2
Lynn / Rodon / Giolito / Keuchel
9th Hendriks
8th Bummer / Kopech
7th Kopech / Crochet
6th Hauer / Ruiz
Longman - Cease

Which do you prefer? 

Aren't the playoffs going to be sped up this year ? More games in less time than usual ? I can't remember if I heard that somewhere at the beginning of the season. If true a dominant bullpen becomes more important . I'd rather not be trusting some of the guys we have unless they show a strong 2nd half. Get as many quality arms as you can afford at the TDL, Way too far away to say what I'd prefer when so much can happen between now and then.