Bummer activated, ReyLo called up; Fry, Foster to Charlotte

maloney.adam

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Aren't the playoffs going to be sped up this year ? More games in less time than usual ? I can't remember if I heard that somewhere at the beginning of the season. If true a dominant bullpen becomes more important . I'd rather not be trusting some of the guys we have unless they show a strong 2nd half. Get as many quality arms as you can afford at the TDL, Way too far away to say what I'd prefer when so much can happen between now and then.

Schedule looks like it's back to the 2019 format.

https://sportsnaut.com/mlb-playoffs-schedule-bracket-dates/

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Aren't the playoffs going to be sped up this year ? More games in less time than usual ? I can't remember if I heard that somewhere at the beginning of the season. If true a dominant bullpen becomes more important . I'd rather not be trusting some of the guys we have unless they show a strong 2nd half. Get as many quality arms as you can afford at the TDL, Way too far away to say what I'd prefer when so much can happen between now and then.

It's the normal schedule. An off day every time the teams travel, and one day off between series if the previous series goes the max number of games.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

When Lamb is ready, I would imagine, even as good as he has looked, Burger has to go down. The one thing Burger needs to do is play, and sitting on the bench most of the time is a waste.

I think Sheets goes when Lamb is back and Burger goes when Eloy is back.

17 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

The TLR special. Letting prospects ride the bench.

Well I've seen at least one comment from Tony that he's very happy with Burger's play so far but the last thing he wants to see is a young guy like that on the bench. I don't really know where he's supposed to play, I'm not super optimistic that he's going to defend at 2B. Could DH some but that's probably not the ideal role for him either.