Deadline Prediction Thread

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

The Dodgers make shit like this work. I want it.

Frazier would be my first choice as well. Tired of hearing about his lack of power. The Sox have the best record in the AL while having only the 6th best SLG in the AL, and that's with three very good sluggers coming back from injury. Frazier's OBP from the left side is a fantastic complement to this team.

For the rest of this year, he can be the starting 2B, and then next year he can start only vs RHP and rotate between 2B, LF and RF while doing so, which allows Madrigal, Eloy, Vaughn and Engel to get regular days off vs RHP without turning any of them into strict platoon guys.

If people don't want Frazier because the price would be too high, I get that, but if people don't want Frazier because they don't think he'd be a good fit, that's just silly.

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Frazier would be my first choice as well. Tired of hearing about his lack of power. The Sox have the best record in the AL while having only the 6th best SLG in the AL, and that's with three very good sluggers coming back from injury. Frazier's OBP from the left side is a fantastic complement to this team.

For the rest of this year, he can be the starting 2B, and then next year he can start only vs RHP and rotate between 2B, LF and RF while doing so, which allows Madrigal, Eloy, Vaughn and Engel to get regular days off vs RHP without turning any of them into strict platoon guys.

If people don't want Frazier because the price would be too high, I get that, but if people don't want Frazier because they don't think he'd be a good fit, that's just silly.

Frazier likely has a sky high asking price because the Pirates do not have to trade him. I do not love the idea of trading for a player based on a career year of production. 

Cool thanks.

I'm pretty refreshed. When Grandal went down I probably would have panicked. But Sox continuing to win while they bridged the injuries to Eloy and Robert puts them in a much better position. If sox are greenlit to take on salary, we should be able to add relief pitching with giving up very little.

And how sweet that is coming out of an all star game which saw numerous former unheralded sox call-ups now playing as all-stars elsewhere. If our depth allows us to finally no longer need to rob peter to pay paul, we allow ourselves to be available to pounce on a true star upgrade when one fits.

I really wanted Bryant 4 weeks ago. We don't need Bryant now. I think the dumbest thing I would do is if ATL raises the flag kick the tires on Morton and see if taking on his remaining salary takes care of a lot of the prospect burden while allowing us to move to a 6-man rotation to ensure we have our best staff for the playoffs. 

Anyway I have no idea, but I trust sox to get something.

I have been looknig for relievers, and we have bummer so this doesn't make sense, but holy crap look at this guys insane stats: 

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/richard-bleier/7803/stats?position=P

Hmm, in a jokey not at all real way Grant Bisbee mentioned Cards trading Gallegos and I keep forgetting the cards are having a bad year, and that seems like a pretty good target, no?

fangraphs.com/players/giovanny-gallegos/14986/stats?position=P

I can't believe we are sitting here and our biggest need is RP's. :( It's so sad from where we started. Imagine this teams record with it's reliver performing up to expectations. Does it add 5 wins? more?

Does anyone else feel like adding relievers, while low risk, is a bit boring and unpredictable? I mean these guys have so few innings that the stats are not really trustworthy. 

I know we will probably add 1 or 2 RP arms and that's good, but it really doesn't matter to me at all.

55 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I can't believe we are sitting here and our biggest need is RP's. :( It's so sad from where we started. Imagine this teams record with it's reliver performing up to expectations. Does it add 5 wins? more?

Does anyone else feel like adding relievers, while low risk, is a bit boring and unpredictable? I mean these guys have so few innings that the stats are not really trustworthy. 

I know we will probably add 1 or 2 RP arms and that's good, but it really doesn't matter to me at all.

I think they will also add a 2nd baseman. Leury/Mendick can’t be their best option going into the playoffs.

Edited by maloney.adam

27 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

If we're speculating on weird guy relievers we can acquire then count me in.

Get me Paul Sewald and David Bednar!

Sewald's results are absurd but I kinda don't believe in how long it could last. Just a 2-pitch mix relying on horizontal movement seems like pitchers eventually figure out what's coming.

1 hour ago, iWiN4PreP said:

If the bullpen performed as expected, this team probably mows down everyone. But on the flip side, we didn't exactly expect a monstrous rotation led by Carlos Rodon, statistical best pitcher in the American League.

6 hours ago, bmags said:

I don't know man, imagine if we replaced leury garcia's usage with Adam Frazier for the next 2 years.

Adam Frazier a nice player and a sizable upgrade over Leury, but I don’t want to give up Crochet for him and I’m not sure they’d except anything less.  Maybe you could kill them with quantity and offer up Rodriguez, Ramos, & Thompson but that’s a stiff price to pay for three kids with legit top 100 prospect upside.

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Adam Frazier a nice player and a sizable upgrade over Leury, but I don’t want to give up Crochet for him and I’m not sure they’d except anything less.  Maybe you could kill them with quantity and offer up Rodriguez, Ramos, & Thompson but that’s a stiff price to pay for three kids with legit top 100 prospect upside.

People hyperventilating over his cost. He's a 2b, he's nice and versatile, but when people are like "I'll just get Jonathan Schoop instead" you aren't an incredible market maker.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

People hyperventilating over his cost. He's a 2b, he's nice and versatile, but when people are like "I'll just get Jonathan Schoop instead" you aren't an incredible market maker.

He can also play RF though and that versatility will be reflected in his cost.  I’ll happily take him if he comes at a reasonable price, but I’m skeptical that Cherrington doesn’t get a nice return for him.

18 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Really do not like the idea of emptying out our lower minors and would much prefer an Escobar rental

• Like 4

Will Tim Beckham ever get a shot at 2B on the MLB club?  Maybe he will infuse a spark a la Goodwin and be the answer for rest of season at 2B.  Leury has been fine but best served as a super utility guy leading up to and through the playoffs.

This way, we can focus our assets to acquire a high leverage reliever...or two.  Or swing for the fences with Gallo in RF...a lineup with Eloy/Vaughn, Robert and Gallo and then late inning OF w Engel/Hamilton, Robert and Gallo is stacked.  If it costs Sheets or Burger ++, I'd do it.