Deadline Prediction Thread

Chicago White Sox

21 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He can also play RF though and that versatility will be reflected in his cost.  I’ll happily take him if he comes at a reasonable price, but I’m skeptical that Cherrington doesn’t get a nice return for him.

He would be a super disappointing right fielder.  

1 hour ago, heirdog said:

Will Tim Beckham ever get a shot at 2B on the MLB club?  Maybe he will infuse a spark a la Goodwin and be the answer for rest of season at 2B.  Leury has been fine but best served as a super utility guy leading up to and through the playoffs.

Probably not.  He's also in the milb IL and hasn't played since July 3rd. 

I think I'd prefer to trade from the group of: Lamb, Mercedes, Adofo, Rutherford, Foster, and Marshall. I'd like to move at least 3 of these guys, so as to open up 40 man slots, as the injured players return to Chicago.

I'd rather preserve Sheets and Burger, and whomever from the above group that stays for offseason trades.

My guesses:

Escobar for Lamb and Foster or Marshall, and

Yimi Garcia for Mercedes and Adolfo?

What do you think, too much? Too little? I think that Jimenez's [hopefully pending] return to the roster will force a trade to occur sooner, rather than later.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

I think I'd prefer to trade from the group of: Lamb, Mercedes, Adofo, Rutherford, Foster, and Marshall. I'd like to move at least 3 of these guys, so as to open up 40 man slots, as the injured players return to Chicago.

I'd rather preserve Sheets and Burger, and whomever from the above group that stays for offseason trades.

My guesses:

Escobar for Lamb and Foster or Marshall, and

Yimi Garcia for Mercedes and Adolfo?

What do you think, too much? Too little? I think that Jimenez's [hopefully pending] return to the roster will force a trade to occur sooner, rather than later.

Lamb is a FA at the end of the season. Nobody is taking him in a trade.

15 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Lamb is a FA at the end of the season. Nobody is taking him in a trade.

Don't really disagree; I think Foster or Marshall solely should be enough for a few months of Escobar.

Adding in a warm body that's been in AZ before in Lamb gives them a warm body at 3rd to replace Escobar for the rest of 2021, although I suppose AZ could just roll the carcass of Cabrera out at 3rd for the rest of the season. [shrugs]

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

19 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I will keep saying this......the Sox are going to make deals but it won't be for guys who's names have been floated about...

Escobar, Frazier, story....

In typical sox fashion they will shock everyone 

You may be right, but Escobar makes wayyyyyyyy too much sense.  There are only so many available 2B.  

22 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I will keep saying this......the Sox are going to make deals but it won't be for guys who's names have been floated about...

Escobar, Frazier, story....

In typical sox fashion they will shock everyone 

In typical Sox fashion during the deadline would be doing nothing 

25 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

"Getting Eloy back is like trading for the missing piece, and we didn't have to give anything up!"

People said this at the end of March that this would be the quote if they do nothing (I don't think they will do nothing). At the time of course, we didn't know Madrigal would be out all season and bullpen would be our weakness.

Edited by manbearpuig

"At the end of the day, we are getting back 3 difference makers that any team in league would be jealous to have. The landscape had some really interesting potential trade candidates, but Tony felt we should go with a full strength team that he signed up for. How can I argue with that, and the results have come even with missing significant stretches of Eloy and Luis. Look, i am not here to worry about what we didn't add, I am here to say the window IS open and we added significant salary at the closer position and extended Lynn already, so Jerry has shown he is willing to stretch where needed. Enjoy the new reliever and go to battle with what we have put faith in since the offseason. Thanks everyone...."

Signed future Rick Hahn

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

My outside the box trade idea is Wendle and one of Tampa's relievers for Heuer, Kelley and a few upper echelon prospects.

He'd fit the Sox perfectly and also checks the box of being a target that isn't rumored at all. I could see TB trading Wendle too, good call.