7/17- Astros at White Sox, 6:15

flavum

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Burger just hits everything hard (98.5 average exit velocity). His swing honestly looks a little unconventional but you can't argue against the EV data. 

Consistently high EV was cited as a primary reason he was drafted

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Consistently high EV was cited as a primary reason he was drafted

5 guys for 4 infield spots counting Madrigal.  The Dodgers find a way to make situations like this work.  Getting either Burger or Moncada some time at 2b before the playoffs would be good.  Today, there was a total of 1 ground ball by the Astros. Burger could have handled that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

5 guys for 4 infield spots counting Madrigal.  The Dodgers find a way to make situations like this work.  Getting either Burger or Moncada some time at 2b before the playoffs would be good.  Today, there was a total of 1 ground ball by the Astros. Burger could have handled that.

Rodon, Gio, Lynn, &  Cease all have above-average strikeout rates and are FB pitchers. Keuchel is the only guy that will consistently rely on infield defense in this rotation. I definitely think it's worth sneaking Burger in at 2B to see if he can handle it.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I want to keep Burger but where is he going to play? Same with Sheets. 

Again, the Dodgers make having too many good players work.  Guys need to play multiple positions, gotta rotate players to keep them fresh.  The idea of 9 guys playing 162 is really outdated.  Right now, TLR is doing a nice job finding time for Engel (whose work load had to be managed), Goodwin, Sheets, Burger, etc. The thing that surprises me is that Leury seems to play more than anyone except maybe Abreu.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This is who Lucas usually is against the best teams in the game. With exception of red Sox earlier this year, Lucas usually dominates the best and struggles a bit with the bums. It's weird 

His start in the playoffs last year was fantastic....we might have a top 3 rotation that would scare most opponents.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Again, the Dodgers make having too many good players work.  Guys need to play multiple positions, gotta rotate players to keep them fresh.  The idea of 9 guys playing 162 is really outdated.  Right now, TLR is doing a nice job finding time for Engel (whose work load had to be managed), Goodwin, Sheets, Burger, etc. The thing that surprises me is that Leury seems to play more than anyone except maybe Abreu.

I think is because Leury is a switch hitter and TLR loves lefty-righty: righty-lefty match ups.

7 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Yes, he does...and this has got to stop,  

2 hours ago, poppysox said:

Yes, he does...and this has got to stop,  

Agree but some of that has been because Leury has also been healthy which most of our players struggle to achieve. 

6 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Agree but some of that has been because Leury has also been healthy which most of our players struggle to achieve. 

I know...but I am speaking now with the emergence of Burger& Sheets and the return of Engel.