Sign in to follow this  
flavum

7/17- Astros at White Sox, 6:15

On Fox. No NBCSC.

Giolito vs Odorizzi

Let's win one, huh?

• Like 2

Hopefully the teams tired of the Astros making us look like a AAA team and we pound them today

• Like 1

Would be nice to beat Houston. For a team with a sensational record, Sox do lose to the Stros a lot. Of course injuries make all statements need a caveat. Sox have been so banged up.

Glad to have the chance to watch a game at home tonight. Hopefully it turns out more like the Cincinnati game last Fall (5-0 win over Bauer) than the Houston game (7-3 loss, Lynn pounded early) last month.

Should be good vibes at the stadium, and hopefully on SoxTalk, tonight.

I wonder if there is some kind of bad hoodoo left over from the beatin' laid on 'em in the naught-5 WS.

22 minutes ago, Bossanoveralls said:

If Goodwin is batting 4th I swear I'll...

I'll...

I got nuthin'.

He's got a 1.070 OPS against righties this year.

49 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Engel still not playing on consecutive days.

It could just be Tony's platoon obsession. If Adam doesn't play Sunday and one game on Monday I'll be concerned. He has only started back to back games once (June 9-10).

Speaking of platoon splits, I'd like to see Hamilton start against lefties for his defense and .925 OPS vs. LHP while Robert is out. He could have helped the Sox yesterday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It could just be Tony's platoon obsession. If Adam doesn't play Sunday and one game on Monday I'll be concerned. He has only started back to back games once (June 9-10).

Speaking of platoon splits, I'd like to see Hamilton start against lefties for his defense and .925 OPS vs. LHP while Robert is out. He could have helped the Sox yesterday.

The changes from yesterday are Engel from CF to bench, Goodwin from RF to CF, Sheets from DH to RF, and Burger from bench to DH, so it's not about platoon splits since the lineup just swapped Burger for Engel and on top of that made the outfield defense a lot worse.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

The changes from yesterday are Engel from CF to bench, Goodwin from RF to CF, Sheets from DH to RF, and Burger from bench to DH, so it's not about platoon splits since the lineup just swapped Burger for Engel and on top of that made the outfield defense a lot worse.

Yes, you are correct laying it out. Tony still may want to give Sheets/Burger playing time as well, which is better than having them sit most games and stunt development. A lot to juggle this season.

Tony trusts veterans like Hamilton (or Lamb) to be able hit with only 1-2 games a week playing time, and to have Hamilton available for PR/Defense off the bench, which is what his role normally would be with a healthy team.

With Lucas and Rodon back to back, will be interesting how Collins is handled vs. the first half where there was a gap between starts. Will probably see Collins off tomorrow, wonder if the rotation will reset after skipping Lynn vs. Houston (plus the ASB consideration).

Houston: F Cease Sa Giolito Su Rodon

Minnesota: M Lynn & Bullpen/Kopech/Lambert/Lopez Keuchel Cease

Reset

@ Milwaukee: F Giolito Sa Lynn Su Rodon

@ Kansas City: M Cease T Keuchel

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Posted (edited)

Was just looking at the schedule, and the stretch from August 12-26 should tell us a lot about the Sox in October. 

Yankees 3, Oakland 4, 3 @ Tampa and 4 @ Toronto. 

There's a strong possibility Robert is back around then. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Cleveland will most likely win today. There is no where to hide for the Sox tonight. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Cleveland will most likely win today. There is no where to hide for the Sox tonight. 

There is an eight game lead to hide behind.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Which is nice.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

We have that 8 game lead because when we lose Cleveland also has lost. That won't happen tonight. Point is let's get a W and not rely on Cleveland sucking. 

having to find......ways to watch this.....is not enjoyable

that outfield defense scares me

Posted (edited)

I'm not too thrilled about the Astros ABs against Giolito in the 1st. He's not fooling anyone. 

They better adjust their gameplan. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1