7/17- Astros at White Sox, 6:15

flavum

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Naw, not if you looked at his spin rates. He started right at the beginning of 2019. Stopped in his first start after the ban, got crushed by the Astros. 3 starts ago suddenly he goes from fastball-change to fastball-changeup-slider, throws more sliders than he ever did in his career. It doesn’t work for one start, then his next 2 are terrific. This is a great comeback from the cheating for him.

He had a 15% increase in spinrate this year compared to previous years. Maybe he used a different substance this year compared to previous years. 

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Both are indispensable for this team to actually win the World Series, but Moncada needs to be included in there as well. The players who are elite on both sides of the ball are the guys you really can't ever replace.

No question, but the drop off from Robert and the NIRs / Hamilton is greater than say, Burger replacing Moncada.

I just think Tim's intangibles (and Jose's more low key) leadership are hard to quantify. Tim got the nod in the AL player vote for the ASG replacement, believe the players in the league respect and acknowledge all that he brings to the table. The lack of initial baseball pedigree makes Tim even more impressive.

Really hope he is a White Sox for life, more than any other player on the roster (and I'd like to see several others be White Sox for life).

GAVIN SHEETS DOES IT AGAIN!!!

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

One of those things where if someone allowed you to bet on Sox winning - game where they start with 4 runs and only have 4 innings to go it’s a no brainer to take that bet but yet when you live it it’s still nervewrecking

How about 6?

• Like 1

Are the extended rosters still limited to like 28 this year? There's going to be a few guys that we will want up in September. I'm not sure Sheets survives Lamb, Eloy, Robert and Grandal coming back (if all come back before September) but we need his thicc lefty bat on the roster if at all possible

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Scouting report against Sheets has to be that he can't hit curveballs because he gets a lot of them vs. guys who can throw it. 

They threw 3 in a row, then AJ mentioned he hadn't hit a breaking pitch since getting the call...I immediately said, go ahead and throw him another one I bet he hits it out, then BAM!!!

2 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

They threw 3 in a row, then AJ mentioned he hadn't hit a breaking pitch since getting the call...I immediately said, go ahead and throw him another one I bet he hits it out, then BAM!!!

Statcast says it was a sinker.