7/18- Astros at White Sox, 1:10

flavum

• bmags pinned this topic

Which one of you brought the garage can beachball yesterday?

That was awesome!

40 minutes ago, Moncada said:

#BurgerTo2B soon please 

tenor.gif

Do it!  

Let's see if he can play right too! 

Disregard.  I forgot Engel was on the team in my Burger sweats.  

Edited by black jack

Valdez has actually been better against RH hitters, in the last couple of years. Not by much, but enough to make an all RH hitting lineup, less than optimal. I would go by who are the better hitters, regardless of handedness. Wow, that will probably shock some of you. At the least, I'd rather see Goodwin instead of Hamilton. As I've often stated, I prefer a balanced lineup. If they get into the Astros pen, there will need to be a lot of substitutions, with Moncada being the only one who can bat left handed.

Edited by Lillian

20 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Awesome Lineup! No Collins for Rodon the only concern, but Zavala had time to work with Rodon since Thursday/Friday, so it should work out.  Valdez is tough, so should be a nice low scoring pitchers duel today (Sox -130 / 8 under -110).

2021 OPS Splits vs. LHP: 

1. SS Tim Anderson .695
  2. RF Adam Engel .819
  3. 1B Jose Abreu .908
  4. LF Andrew Vaughn 1.036
  5. DH Yoan Moncada .708
  6. 3B Jake Burger .347 (only 9 PAs vs. LHP)
  7. CF Billy Hamilton .925 (Should play every game vs. LHS)
  8. C Seby Zavala None (First game vs. LHP)
  9. 2B Danny Mendick .504

Burger with the 321 wRC+ against RHP so far is very nice. A couple more big hits today and it starts to be very interesting if it isn't already.

His strong suit was against LHP so would be great to see him pound Valdez who is a quality pitcher.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Awesome Lineup! No Collins for Rodon the only concern, but Zavala had time to work with Rodon since Thursday/Friday, so it should work out.  Valdez is tough, so should be a nice low scoring pitchers duel today (Sox -130 / 8 under -110).

2021 OPS Splits vs. LHP: 

1. SS Tim Anderson .695
  2. RF Adam Engel .819
  3. 1B Jose Abreu .908
  4. LF Andrew Vaughn 1.036
  5. DH Yoan Moncada .708
  6. 3B Jake Burger .347 (only 9 PAs vs. LHP)
  7. CF Billy Hamilton .925 (Should play every game vs. LHS)
  8. C Seby Zavala None (First game vs. LHP)
  9. 2B Danny Mendick .504

I like Hamilton as a role player, but maybe look at the 862 PAs against LHP coming into the season before saying that.  Goodwin has historically been leagues better against LHP and it’s not even close.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I like Hamilton as a role player, but maybe look at the 862 PAs against LHP coming into the season before saying that.  Goodwin has historically been leagues better against LHP and it’s not even close.

Have to also consider Hamilton's incredible defense vs. Goodwin's terrible defense.

It's the short side of the platoon (1 in 4 games), and only until Robert returns, so we're talking maybe 5 more games, and then perhaps 3-4 more games the rest of the year to give Robert a breather. Sox pitchers love seeing Hamilton in CF.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Love the new look today of Abreu, Vaughn, Moncada, Burger batting 3 through 6. Be interesting to see how that plays out.

Vaughn just missed a couple last night, could've easily had 2 dingers but for a fraction of an inch on contact. 

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Love the new look today of Abreu, Vaughn, Moncada, Burger batting 3 through 6. Be interesting to see how that plays out.

Vaughn just missed a couple last night, could've easily had 2 dingers but for a fraction of an inch on contact

I have Vaughn hitting a wall-topper today. Vaughn is ready to graduate rookie status and be an anchor in the lineup. 

49 minutes ago, Moncada said:

This seems extremely dumb.   The bullpen had an off day yesterday. If they can't hold a lead without Kopech why are they even on the team.   

Kopech needs to start that DH not Reynaldo 

🤡🤡

52 minutes ago, Moncada said:

This seems extremely dumb.   The bullpen had an off day yesterday. If they can't hold a lead without Kopech why are they even on the team.   

Kopech needs to start that DH not Reynaldo 

Long time lurker.  I usually read all of the non-game threads.  Was 12 years old for the 59 go go sox.

Not all the games are of equal importance the way the division has shaken out.  Beating the Astros matter.  Potentially losing a game to the Twins has no importance.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

• bmags unpinned this topic