7/18- Astros at White Sox, 1:10

flavum

5 minutes ago, sj91 said:

Engel just needs to let himself get tagged out, Jesus Christ

Yep once Abreu got to 3rd Engel's job was over. You just stop and get tagged. No need to go to 3rd. Well actually there is some reason to go to 3rd but he can't over run it like he did. He has to stay on 3rd with Abreu. Then Abreu is called out and the Engel gets the base and that's who you rather have on the base ,the faster runner. But to avoid confusion you just let yourself get tagged between the bases.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

But Tony was going to correct the fundamentals.

Keep the stupid line moving with Kopech in.

Fuck you La Russa.

Dude calm down

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Exactly. And I'd rather be safe today against the Astros. ReyLo can have his shot against the AAA Twins. 

I agree. If Astros would come back and win this game,it would be devastating.  We need to show grit against top teams.  

5 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Whelp... Kopech being a starter come playoff time is at risk if TLR keeps making stupid decisions like this. I just dont get thinking Lopez getting a game tomorrow over Michael could be made by a hall of fame baseball person.

At this point Ruiz is more stretched out. Tony prefers Ruiz as well in high leverage situations.

Why waste Kopech here? Rhetorical question.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s their plan exactly?  Kopech is sitting at 36.1 innings on the year.

To be fair, Kopech is still just getting back from an injury himself. But this 10-15 pitches an outing they've got him doing lately is no bueno.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s their plan exactly?  Kopech is sitting at 36.1 innings on the year.

This. Kopech needs to be stretched out immediately. I honestly am fine with him pitching today because I think 2 innings should be the max, but not letting him have this 9th is turrrrible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

billion dollar entity's brain trust or a Soxtalk poster, wonder who has the better plan for Michael.

36 innings equals zero chance of starting next season. He needs at least 90 innings this season ideally. I love him as a relief weapon...but if this team is serious about winning a world series you cannot trust cease or keuchel.

• Like 3

• bmags unpinned this topic