7/18- Astros at White Sox, 1:10

flavum

Now that the game is over, this Astros team had been struggling hard at the plate. Correa and Alvarez are both 0 for their last 20. We caught them at a good time. We probably could have swept this series, if Leury didn't leave his brain at home on Friday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

More like defend your guy’s dumb ass decisions regardless of how dumb they may be.

Sox have more than two relievers who can hold a four run lead, it’s asinine, especially with a DH tomorrow.

I would argue beating the Astros and a series win was more important  psychologically for the team. We may not even need a closer tomorrow!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree.  There is still time, but as each day passes it just seems like they want to keep him a high leverage, 1 or 2 inning reliever role.

I know that isn’t the plan tho. He’s in this rotation next year. He has to be. Just sort of curious management of him all season. He’s not ready to throw 3-4 innings right now tho so im mostly indifferent about tomorrow’s start. But this 1 10 pitch inning BS needs to stop. He needs at LEAST 6-7 full blown regular season starts the rest of the way. Innings need to climb. 

6 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Not miserable... trying to field the best team possible come October. Im sorry some fans live game to game like that matters. This season has and always was about getting Kopech ready to be a starter for October and next season. Especially if you are going to lose Rodon as a FA. 

Not saying they'll do this. What if they give Kopech some spot starts while skipping starts for rodon? 

5 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

HUGE series win only because the Sox needed to know that they can beat this team. They dominated them these last two games. 

The Astros vs. White Sox paradigm has shifted 180 degrees. These 2 wins and the Lynn signing has really made for a great week end.

Just now, Chimpton said:

I would argue beating the Astros and a series win was more important  psychologically for the team. We may not even need a closer tomorrow!

Not saying today’s game isn’t important.

Have confidence in others holding onto a four run lead. Want Kopech stretched out either today or preferably tomorrow for 2 + innings. Jose Ruiz is more stretched out at this point.

Being prepared for October far more important than fretting over a four run lead in July. Then he burns Hendriks, with a DH tomorrow.

I’ll say it again, Hahn needs to get seven new relievers by the deadline if the Sox can’t trust a single one of them with a four run lead for an inning. They were all available, Friday was the only day anyone was used in over a week.

• bmags unpinned this topic