And that's a well pitched f*** the 'Stros 4-0 White Sox Winner!

chitownsportsfan

This series showed why its critical not to step off the gas despite the big lead in the division. The Sox haven't played so well against good teams on the road, but have won series against Toronto, Tampa and Houston at home. Hanging on to that #1 seed could end up being the difference in the playoffs.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Seriously, Cease, despite giving up 3 runs on Friday, looked really good. 

Cease did look good, and the fact that the starting pitching gave up four runs in three games is truly impressive. Forget everything else and get a decent arm to shore up the bullpen. That will really make this team a dangerous threat in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

Cease did look good, and the fact that the starting pitching gave up four runs in three games is truly impressive. Forget everything else and get a decent arm to shore up the bullpen. That will really make this team a dangerous threat in the playoffs.

I agree bullpen is the absolute priority to make this team a threat to go deep in the playoffs.

https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-rodon-following-degrom-blueprint

@DoUEvenShift posted this recently at the end of a thread that has more or less run it's course . I borrowed it because it's a very good piece about Rodon.

Here's a little sample:

Highest run value for individual pitch types, 1st half of 2021

1. Carlos Rodón's 4-seamer: 22 runs prevented
  2. Kevin Gausman's splitter: 19 runs prevented
  3. Freddy Peralta's 4-seamer: 17 runs prevented
  4. Jacob deGrom's 4-seamer: 15 runs prevented
  5. (tie) deGrom's slider, Gausman's 4-seamer, Corbin Burnes' cutter, Adrian Houser's sinker and Trevor Bauer's 4-seamer: 14 runs prevented
Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-rodon-following-degrom-blueprint

@DoUEvenShift posted this recently at the end of a thread that has more or less run it's course . I borrowed it because it's a very good piece about Rodon.

Thanks, I just posted it in the last thread that had Rodon in the title

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Wish we could bring Rodon back

They have the money and Jerry is more likely to spend on guys already in the organization.

Hopefully he accepts a qualifying offer and if he continues to ace it up, they extend him around All-Star 2022!  

Had a lot of fun, crowd was a little more docile as is expected on family day - but as a dad with two young kids there often about to lose something people were so friendly. 

Add to that even from afar you could see Rodon dominate via the astros reactions

Was at the game with the family and friends.  Many drinks were consumed, and we had a blast.  One of the best games I’ve ever attended.  It was awesome to see Rodon, Kopech, and Hendriks pitch in person.  Huge win for the Sox.

• Like 1